ad: l-Waters
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

I have the same router here and some turns of the power cable wound around a ferrite torrid solved the problem. I did need to stack two 1" id toroids and fill them as much as I could. You may need to experiment.

John

Quote Originally Posted by K7WFM View Post
    I'm just glad I didn't try to answer my router. LOL
    I once made the mistake of answering mine, and it tried to download a movie to my rig.
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by WB2WIK View Post
    I once made the mistake of answering mine, and it tried to download a movie to my rig.
    What, not enough resolution on the bandscope to enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by K7WFM View Post
    It is my Linksys WRT54G router! I just unplugged it and the carrier went away. Plugged it back in and the birdies there!!
    When I refresh the page I hear the RTTY sound. Strange.
    Sorry for the false alarm.
    Not that strange in today's microprocessor world. And hearing the harmonics of the 3.579545 xtal in color television sets. One I remember well is the RFsensing coil inbedded in street intersections (automatic light control). One had a hetrodyne right on 1520, which beat with KOMA).

This stuff should be okayed by the FCC . . . are they or are they not doing their job?

Gary WA7KKP

Quote Originally Posted by K1BXI View Post
    I have the same router here and some turns of the power cable wound around a ferrite torrid solved the problem. I did need to stack two 1" id toroids and fill them as much as I could. You may need to experiment.

John
    I'll try that and post the results - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by K1BXI View Post

John
    Will give that a try. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WB2WIK View Post
    On a new TS-990 you would have been able to view it in HD!
    Quote Originally Posted by WA7KKP View Post
    Not that strange in today's microprocessor world. And hearing the harmonics of the 3.579545 xtal in color television sets. One I remember well is the RFsensing coil inbedded in street intersections (automatic light control). One had a hetrodyne right on 1520, which beat with KOMA).

This stuff should be okayed by the FCC . . . are they or are they not doing their job?

Gary WA7KKP
    I'm surprised I haven't noticed in the past. Probabably just skipped over the freq.

This thread finally motivated me to find the source of my RFI issues. I have "birdies" at approximately 28.501Mhz, 24.959Mhz, 21.295Mhz, 18.121Mhz and 14.029Mhz. At least those are the obvious ones! I unplugged my Linksys wireless router and they all disappeared. I have one of those cheap Linksys routers...I think the model number is E900.

I did some quick math and my birdies could be harmonics from a 3.5795Mhz clock. The loudest birdies are at 18.121 and 24.959 Mhz --which would be the 5th and 7th harmonic respectively.

So, now I'm going to try moving the router to the basement. It's currently in my second floor office, right under my attic dipole! If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll try ferrites on the power cable and go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2