ad: l-Waters
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

One of the guys I talk to in the nornings on 75 is now in communication with ARRL about it. I think he sent them a recording. I definitely don't think it's anything regional. It fades out about the time other stuff from Asia does.

I'm hearing the "lawn mower running" noise right now 7.040-7.090mhz S2-S3 level.

Every morning and late night from about 6900kHz to 7100kHz. Other bands also.
    73 - Jay

Quote Originally Posted by K7RQ View Post
    Does anyone here have the straight info on the source of the S-9+ radar-type signal we are hearing most mornings in the Pac. NW on 80 and 40 meters? It sounds like a gas engine running. I haven't seen anything from ARRL on it. It's a different sound from the old Russian woodpecker.

Hal
    Hello,

That's a well known signal to us on Guam. Its the North Korean radar jammer. It's made 40 meters unusable on Guam for awhile now. Maybe the good prop conditions are having you hear it now. It's ridiculously loud on Guam. Unfortunately my favorite band is always professionally jammed beyond use really, at least for SSB.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

Last point, if the ARRL can stop this one, I owe them credit.. lol.. The North Korean's are into jamming heavily. Especially now. They even jam all GPS signals on approach to the Seoul South Korean airport. It was an article recently, where all the airplanes loose the GPS on approach as the North Korean's beam a jammer right to the airport. So they use non GPS approaches now for safety.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

Here is 190 wide screenshot this morning.

radar1.jpg
    73 - Jay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4