ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    A very good answer. Here in the US we buy all kinds of stuff we can't afford. Stuff we have to finance. $30K Cars, $300K houses.... The little lady says, "Oh, it's my dream house!" and the husband goes to the bank instead of telling her, "It's your dream house because we can't afford it!". Then you get a little wobble in the economy and people want bailed out before they get foreclosed on. And the banks get richer.

A good answer yes, but not the answer to the question the OP asked.
    If people were limited to buying house for which they only had the money on hand to buy then I fear that there would be very few house sales in the world.

IDK about you but I would much rather spend my money on a loan payment than a rent payment.
    73 de KB3LAZ

In lieu of achievement we have mediocrity.

I don't tell my wife what I spend on radios. She would think $10 is too much for one!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    I don't tell my wife what I spend on radios. She would think $10 is too much for one!
    Well since she wears the pants in the family and everything...

I don't think you would ever buy a new radio. Besides, how could you possibly fix them anyways? Kind of like trying to repair and replace the individual components inside a throw away laptop... what's the point and why bother?
    73 de Charles - KC8VWM
    North American QRP CW Club #3159, SKCC# 5752

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    If people were limited to buying house for which they only had the money on hand to buy then I fear that there would be very few house sales in the world.

IDK about you but I would much rather spend my money on a loan payment than a rent payment.
    in 1996 I bought a house I didn't have to finance. It wasn't much of a house, but it was mine. In 1998 I bought a house trailer didn't have to finance. Sold both for a profit in 2002. I didn't say' Don't buy a house." I said don't finance a $300K house you can't afford.". $300K houses are for rich people. I financed 1 car.... boy was that a mistake. Paid $21K and paid it off in 3 years. It was worth $6K when I was done.
    Steve
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    in 1996 I bought a house I didn't have to finance. It wasn't much of a house, but it was mine. In 1998 I bought a house trailer didn't have to finance. Sold both for a profit in 2002. I didn't say' Don't buy a house." I said don't finance a $300K house you can't afford.". $300K houses are for rich people. I financed 1 car.... boy was that a mistake. Paid $21K and paid it off in 3 years. It was worth $6K when I was done.
    I wouldnt finance a house I couldnt make payments on and still live comfortably. That just seems silly.
    73 de KB3LAZ

In lieu of achievement we have mediocrity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4