Callsign

Thread: A question for Icom 706 mk2g users...

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-tentec

Default A question for Icom 706 mk2g users...

I purchased a plug that goes in the rear antenna tuner connector. It is designed to fool the radio into thinking the antenna tuner is connected. This allows the tuner button to be engaged and put out a 8w cw tone. Mine will do this but for only a few seconds. Not enough time to adjust the tuner. Also the button illuminates red. Is this normal? I was wanting a little more transmit time.

thanks KB4MNG

Also the button illuminates red. Is this normal?
    Obviously there is a red LED in the button so yeah, it will light up when something is enabled with that button.

You should be able to get close to the right tuner setting just peaking up the noise on receive and then use the tuner thing. I have one for my 706 when I am mobile and it works the same.
    I run the screwdriver antenna until the receiver noise peaks and go from there with the tuner thingie and usually find the sweet spot in a few seconds.
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to receive."
    -Otto Watt Sept. 5 1925

Ocean Springs, MS (often portable from Moss Point)

Quote Originally Posted by K7MH View Post
    Obviously there is a red LED in the button so yeah, it will light up when something is enabled with that button.

You should be able to get close to the right tuner setting just peaking up the noise on receive and then use the tuner thing. I have one for my 706 when I am mobile and it works the same.
    I run the screwdriver antenna until the receiver noise peaks and go from there with the tuner thingie and usually find the sweet spot in a few seconds.
    Yes, my 706 MKIIG does the same.