Callsign
ad: HROutlet-2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need to schedule a Delaware QSO for WAS!!! Not much time left for me to do it.....

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Mission accomplished (21.235 USB with Jim KJ3N)!! Thanks guys for the effort. Brian: I'll keep the receiver
    on 21.116.00 CW just in case the band opens more and our barefoot & basic antenna rigs can hear each other.

It only took me 37 years - never been a contester nor set W.A.S. as a goal really. This all came about when I
    found a 6" stack of QSL cards from my youth around the time of the Sweeps and realized I was only a few states
    short, which the Sweeps filled in all except DE

So again many thanks and best of 73 to you both,

Dave
    WB7AWK

Quote Originally Posted by WB7AWK View Post
    Mission accomplished (21.235 USB with Jim KJ3N)!! Thanks guys for the effort. Brian: I'll keep the receiver
    on 21.116.00 CW just in case the band opens more and our barefoot & basic antenna rigs can hear each other.

It only took me 37 years - never been a contester nor set W.A.S. as a goal really. This all came about when I
    found a 6" stack of QSL cards from my youth around the time of the Sweeps and realized I was only a few states

Dave
    WB7AWK
    WTG!

Us east coasters are happy that your left-coast states are all pretty big.

Dave
    WB7AWK
    Congrats!!!
    de Jim

Dave
    WB7AWK
    Congrats....fun. That is what it is all about

Jerry/N6MEJ

I also need Delaware as well as South Dakota and Louisiana in order to have worked all States using JT65A. I'm not applying for the award, just knowing that I have worked all the States is good enough for me.
    I sort of figured that ham radio dx would not be a high priority for those in Delaware after Sandy. I know what that's like after suffering a couple of major earthquakes here in Christchurch New Zealand. We are currently over 12,000 after shocks and still counting....The city is a bit of a mess.

Anyway most QSOs have been on 40 metres JT65A with a few on 10 metres JT65A. If I could achieve the last 3 states, that would be great. Best time to work into the States on 40 metres from here seems to be around 20:00 to 22:00 UTC. So if anyone can help out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Ian ZL3OF

Quote Originally Posted by ZL3OF View Post
    Best time to work into the States on 40 metres from here seems to be around 20:00 to 22:00 UTC.
    Oops, I meant 0800 to 1000 UTC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3