ad: Flexradio-1

Have They Found Life On Mars ?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KA7NIQ, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA7NIQ

KA7NIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

MARS or mars? There's probably more life on mars than there is on the MARS frequencies :)

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Have the Martians found intelligent life on Earth ?!?

4. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to remember a similar headline 40 years ago!

5. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The rover [FONT=Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]Curiosity [/FONT]​has some interesting instruments on-board but they are not designed to find life like the Viking lander's were. The rover can sniff the atmosphere for methane and sample the soil but it doesn't have anything that will react directly to life being present. A summation of what different instruments indicate can give clues there maybe life or if it was possible that in the distant past Mars could harbor life. That's the rovers job and what it was designed to do. Perhaps it has indicator's of life and there needs to be further research to make a definite determination.
    Seems like NASA is pumping up the public to get them interested. This equals more money for the space program. That's not really a bad thing since we have had great strides since the inception of the space program. The constant cry of "Life" is getting a bit old and they may have overdone it. Still I'm interested in what may be coming up. I'm much more interested in this then some hotdog jumping out of a balloon.
    Have fun
    Gary

6. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

They gotta be seen making a song and dance to get the public on their side regards to funding, can't exactly come away not finding anything on Mars I reckon.

When and if they do send humans to Mars wonder what they're going to be doing on-board for six months to pass the time? Mars is only a hop skip and a jump compared to other planets, space travel will have to get faster.

Dave

7. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KE7ZOE

KE7ZOE Ham Member QRZ Page

They can't even say if there is water (ice) on the moon or mars. "Maybe" is all they can say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.