ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Quote Originally Posted by N0FQY View Post
    I *did* know about the General upgrade for "old" techs, so that's why I did it.
    I did that back in '09. And for the heck of it (since it cost nothing extra) I borrowed a pencil and went ahead and did the Extra test. Without doing any studying it was a bit of a challenge but I passed it.

Congrats! Hope you enjoy the '130, should be a good rig to start with.
    Posting from an undisclosed location in the Nation of Bitter Clingers!

Congratulations!

Wow - radio conditions are pretty good, even though the SFI dropped precipitously today. I've worked over 100 in the DX contest this weekend - with a vertical, a dipole and 100 watts, and I've really only been on a few hours.

Get that 130 up on the higher bands. 15 is spectacular right now. For an HF beginner, 40 meters in the daytime is a great place to start, as is 17 meters. I'd avoid the places where the 'big boys' play for a while. It's too easy to step on hyper-sensitive toes on 20 and 75 meter phone.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

Just to let y'all know, got my 1st HF station set up a couple days ago. LOVING it! Have NEVER had an HF station before. Need to keep it going! Bought the Advanced upgrade guide and am going to be plugging away at it!

I hope you meant Extra Upgrade Guide - The Advanced license is no longer issued, just Tech, General and Extra.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

Yes, I meant the Extra upgrade guide.

Congrats just don't wait as long to get your Extra. I'm a General as well, and I want to have my upgrade by Field Day
    Steve AE5DX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2