ad: Sussex-1

W4d-discovery day of puerto rico special event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WA8S, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA8S

WA8S Ham Member QRZ Page

the western amateur radio club NP3M,will be celebrating the special event conmemorating the day of the discovery of Puerto Rico with the special call W4D.go to air on november 18,19,20 2012.bands:general portions of 10-40 meters.qsl avaliable via WP4SD with sase (#10 envelope) for locals & usa stations.outside of usa please send sae (#10 envelope)with 2 green stamps.not irc`s please.hope copy on the bands.73`s.

On September 25, 1493, Christopher Columbus set sail on his second voyage with 17 ships and 1,200–1,500 men from Cádiz.[6] On November 19, 1493 he landed on the island, naming it San Juan Bautista in honor of Saint John the Baptist.a name that was later supplanted by puerto rico (rich port).

info from wikipedia.

2. KB3ZGV

KB3ZGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool, I've two Puerto Rican YLs that are my mothers nurses like to listen to the Spanish language stations. They translate for me sometimes. What times do you think would be good to listen in? They are mostly here between 8 AM to 5 PM EST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.