ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

Default Conduit Internet Helper Toolbar 1.5 #@%$&^*##

How do I get rid of this damn thing. I'm not sure how it got here, but I sure don't want it. Removing it via Add/Remove programs didn't work. I removed it there, and it's no longer on the list, but it's still here,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm running XP and my browser is Chrome.
    An analog guy living in a digital world.

Ash Fork, AZ - 60 miles south of the Grand Canyon, off of Route 66.

Rather than repeat everything that is on the net, do a Google search on the string "Conduit Internet Helper Toolbar". There is lots of information on how to remove it.
    73, Martin, K7MEM
    Ash Fork, AZ
    [URL]http://www.k7mem.com[/URL]

In my area, it seems that every pickup truck or SUV comes with one or more dogs. It's so common that I can only assume that the dog(s) must come with the vehicle. So logic tells me that, if you want to keep the truck for a long time, go for the multi-dog option. Otherwise, if the dog dies, you have to buy a new truck. I have five dogs (4 dogs as of 4/4/2013, RIP Katie), so I'm set for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by K7MEM View Post
    Rather than repeat everything that is on the net, do a Google search on the string "Conduit Internet Helper Toolbar". There is lots of information on how to remove it.

That was my first stop

Now I'm here

Try CCleaner (www.piriform.com/ccleaner). It should delete it.

73s de KC8RLU.

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

I just checked. It is in the CC uninstall and the regular Control Panel delete, but the name starts with ELF, not Conduit. Look for that. Their instructions say it will uninstall.

I have the toolbar, don't use it much, but is it causing any trouble?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Quote Originally Posted by K8ERV View Post
    I just checked. It is in the CC uninstall and the regular Control Panel delete, but the name starts with ELF, not Conduit. Look for that. Their instructions say it will uninstall.

I have the toolbar, don't use it much, but is it causing any trouble?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

I just don't like it because I didn't install it. I don't trust anything that installs itself without my permission.

I'm going to look for that ELF thing, Thanks

I thought that toolbar spyware was passe these days. Anyway, does Windows Chrome have an add-on like NoScript? That way it'd be easy to see what's lurking on a website. I'd switch to Firefox for that reason alone. Also, install https-everywhere just to have. It's nice to make sure that every website you visit is secure.

73, Jordan

Regarding the desire to uninstall/remove 'internet helper 1.5 customized toolbar'---this is what worked for me:

1. open firefox
    2. look at the icon just to the immediate left of the words 'internet helper 1.5 customized' (upper right hand side of your window)
    3. click on it (the icon)
    4. you will see a drop down list
    5. click on the very last option-'manage search engines'
    6. a window will pop up called 'manage search engine list'
    7. look for the search engine you want to remove, in this case, that blasted 'internet helper 1.5 customized', which is what mine was called
    8. click on it to highlight it, and refer to the buttons to the right of that list and click the 'remove' button
    9. then look to the bottom of this window and click the 'ok' button

Mind you, I tried to uninstall in the control panel, I googled 'uninstall blekko toolbar and its components', I put my pc through a super antispyware scan---all to no avail. It all started when I wanted to download a free samsung pc studio software to upload some pix to my pc from my mobile phone..ugh! an hour later I finally stumbled upon a site where I was directed to go to Firefox tab>add-ons>extensions>disable whatever I wanted GONE! Hope this helps someone! Lisa :-)