ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl

I've noticed that the power supply sometimes won't power up when I flip the power switch.
    The lights I have hooked to it "bump" then I hear the internal fans running but the dial lights don't light up and the unit doesn't power up. Following the instructions in the manual I turn it off. I wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on. Sometimes I have to do this 3 or 4 times before it will finally come on.
    The manual states "PROTECTION: The MFJ-4245MV will automatically shut off if over 45 amps of current is drawn from it's outputs. To reset, turn the unit OFF and wait 20 seconds, then turn the unit back on."
    The lights I have hooked to it don't draw nearly 45 amps. In fact they barely pull more than 10 amps.
    It's not filling me with confidence.
    Steve,
    ACS/RACES Officer
    Iberville Parish, La.

Here's video of me trying to turn the power supply on and it failing to power up.
    Steve,
    ACS/RACES Officer
    Iberville Parish, La.

Cool Love The Lights !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC5SAS View Post
    Here's video of me trying to turn the power supply on and it failing to power up.

If you figure out the instantaneous push / pull on your system , tell me where you got the whacker lights ... COOL !

J.
    NNNN
    What a revoltin ' development this is !
    Chester A. Reilly ( William Bendix )

SAS (is it Clint?)

Man, I'm sorry that thing is acting up, brand-dam new. If that's all it's doing and nothing worse, I suppose one could live with it. But it's still not right. To send it back would put you in the red (not counting the radio you lost). I'm going to build the Voltage Protector provided by WB2WIK in post #6 for mine. I've put mine back in it's normal spot, but I'm still on the prowl for a tried and true linear PS. Almost nabbed one at a hamfest Saturday, but it was a bit too pricey. Good luck and I hope it hangs in there for you.

steve
    Resistance is not futile; it's voltage divided by current

One possible solution might be to be sure you turn "OFF" all radios and other equipment connected to the supply before you turn off the power.

If you leave several pieces of equipment powered "ON" and then shut the P/S down, there may be an over-current surge when you power the supply back on.

Use as it was intended....PAPERWEIGHT!!
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4