ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

Default Ham operators in Okinawa Japan!

Hi I'm a Marine that just got stationed in Okinawa Japan I'm looking to see if there's any operators in Okinawa that I can get in contact with! I only have a technicians license but I would like participate in contests and play around on the radio on this side of the world! Thnx

You might contact Yuuri JS6SHS there: JS6SHS@qsl.net

He has a webpage dedicated to operation from Okinawa also: http://www.qsl.net/js6shs/en/
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

Ocean Springs, MS (often portable from Moss Point)

Quote Originally Posted by KE7QOK View Post
    Hi I'm a Marine that just got stationed in Okinawa Japan I'm looking to see if there's any operators in Okinawa that I can get in contact with! I only have a technicians license but I would like participate in contests and play around on the radio on this side of the world! Thnx
    First, thanks for your service! I'm in the USAF.

Are you an ARRL member? If so, contact the League and they can help you with licensing info. Actually, I think they will do this for non-member, too--especially if they are in the Service.

I was stationed in South Korea from 2008-2010. I didn't have time to pursue a license, but did get to listen some. The bands were full of a lot of great DX and the bands are in much better shape now than then--you are going at a great time!

73 and have fun,

Jim N3AWS

Was at Kadena AB from '61 to '63. Was KR6BG and now they have different calls and structure. You might find a MARS station ... used to be one at every Marine/Army/AF base in '62. Still have the list from then. Used to be great pawn shops outside the gates of bases ... found a Cheyenne/Commanche setup for $25.

Bill,
    W0LPQ
    ex KR6BG/KR6AF (AF Mars station)

Quote Originally Posted by W0LPQ View Post
    Was at Kadena AB from '61 to '63. Was KR6BG and now they have different calls and structure. You might find a MARS station ... used to be one at every Marine/Army/AF base in '62. Still have the list from then. Used to be great pawn shops outside the gates of bases ... found a Cheyenne/Commanche setup for $25.

Bill,
    W0LPQ
    ex KR6BG/KR6AF (AF Mars station)
    During 1965-67, I was stationed at Hanza (Torii station ASA 51st SOC) and when I wasn't TAD / TDY, I had a great time operating KR6QW. Collins S-line with 30L-1. dit dit

You do have H.F. privileges as a Technician.....SSB on 10 meters and CW on 80,40. and 15. Since 10 has been smoking lately, you should be a good "catch" on that band.

Eric
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by KL7AJ View Post
    You do have H.F. privileges as a Technician.....SSB on 10 meters and CW on 80,40. and 15. Since 10 has been smoking lately, you should be a good "catch" on that band.

Eric
    Very true. I remember when I was young and living in San Diego, there was a tech class license who operated in CQWW and ARRL 10 and ran up some amazing scores - 500,000 points to 750,000 points - all within the novice/tech windows. He upgraded once 10 started to die.
    -----> Take it to the system!