ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov

Default TWO (2) USED Kenwood TK-270 VHF Transceivers

TWO (2) USED Kenwood TK-270 5 watt VHF FM transceivers. The radios are currently programmed to communicate on the non-licensed Multi Use Radio Service (MURS) band…CH1 151.820, CH2 151.880, CH3 151.940, CH4 154.570, CH5 154.600, CH6 162.400 (weather channel -RX only) and CH7 162.550MHZ (weather channel-RX only). Both radios have brand new front case, front glass, top case, belt clip, knobs, DTMF pad and antenna.
    These make excellent radios for general communication’s among friends, family, private services, sporting events, etc. Keep in mind that these radios can also be programmed for the Ham Radio 2meter band (144-148mhz) and are very simple to use for emergency services.

HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE;

• 2 KENWOOD TK-270 VHF FM Transceivers (refurbished w/new pieces, mentioned above)
    • 2 KENWOOD KSC-16 Rapid Chargers
    • 2 KENWOOD A/C Adapters
    • 2 KNB-15A 1100MAH NI-CD Batteries
    • 2 Antennas (marked Motorola VHF)

Please note that these radios are PC programmable with inexpensive software and cable. Both can be found on the internet. If programming is desired, it is the total responsibility of the buyer to program these radios. Please do not ask me, I will not provide this service.

ASKING $250 for both.
    (includes FREE shipping to cont. us only)
    Will ONLY sell these as a set. I have 2 other TK-270 radios that I am listing w/o batteries. Please ask if you are interested.
    I accept Paypal only (or cash if local)

If you have any questions, please ask and I will be happy to answer the best I can.

73's KC5NOI
    Matt Skinner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3942.JPG   IMG_3944.JPG  

IMG_3945.JPG   IMG_3946.JPG  

IMG_3947.JPG  

This ad was posted by KC5NOI MATTHEW M SKINNER, MCLOUD, OK 74851,
    KC5NOI joined QRZ on: 01-01-2000 IP: 216.198.186.90

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KC5NOI a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

Google failed me. Can this model be switched to low power operation (2 watts, to comply with MURS power limit)? Also, have these been modified to enable front panel programming?

This ad was posted by K9ZMD Gary W Allen, Ridgefield, WA 98642,
    K9ZMD joined QRZ on: 01-01-2000 IP: 76.115.74.214

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K9ZMD a private message.

Hello K9ZMD! I know they are currently programmed at 5 watts, but can be changed to 2 watts (set as low power). Also, no (to my knowledge) they have not been modified to enable front panel programming. The mod is pretty simple if desired. I found the schematic and instructions online. I would just google for the software (free on some ham sites) or can be purchased on ebay along with the cable. I found the software for free (or around $10 if purchased) and the cable is $15 on average on ebay or amazon. These are awesome radios and I am keeping one just for Ham ARES use, but have the others for sale. Also, the LCD is backlit green.

Regards,
    Matt
    Last edited by KC5NOI; 10-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KC5NOI a private message.

Also wanted to add, after further reading, that a portion of MURS is narrowband (CH1-CH3) and another portion is wideband (CH4-CH5). I listed these radios currently programmed for MURS, as that's how I recieved them. I have not programmed these radios. If you chose to use these on MURS, please follow all FCC rules outlined for MURS, otherwise, programming them for the 2meter ham band is highly recommended to get the most use out of these radios.

Regards,
    Matt

admin..please delete this thread. It is no longer valid. Thanks!