ad: elecraft

HamRadioNow: Balloon Man & Rocket Man

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Episode 27: Balloon Man & Rocket Man

<small>Bill Brown WB8ELK sends balloons carrying ham radio to the edge of space.
    David Stephenson KJ8OKJ sent rockets deep into space (not by himself...
    with a little outfit called NASA). They each have a story you'll likely find interesting,
    and they're both here in Episode 27</small>

Watch these episodes at our web site, www.HamRadioNow.tv.

to support these programs, visit
    HAMRADIONOW.tv
    and 'click the pig'
    [​IMG]

2. M0ODV

M0ODV Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N8OGI

N8OGI Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anybody know what frequencies are being used that can be monitored nationwide. There are to many NASA frequencies to search.

5. W4VFC

W4VFC Ham Member QRZ Page

Woohoo! He made it!

6. W7DKK

W7DKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Is he equipped with APRS for the Space Jump?

Is he equipped with APRS for the Space Jump?

7. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I really enjoyed these interviews. I was not aware that balloon launches were such a recent ham activity. I know several people, including Jim/N5IB, who are very active in these balloon launch activities and had no idea about the history of this facet of our hobby. Great interview.
    The rocketman interview was great. Good job Jeff. I learned plenty. Good grief, the part where he was discussing everyting involved with bringing back soil/rock samples from Mars. All that for just 2 pounds of stuff. And then Jeff was saying how he is a fan of CW because he isn't comfortable around a mic but he had the best line in the whole video where he said, "I ask people what ham radio can do for me and they say it can do anything. Well I want it to mow my lawn, rotate my tires and lend me money." HAHAHAHA! I just about fell out of my chair when he said that. That was funny. Jeff is a great interviewer and I am glad you gave him the chance get behind the mic.
    I am looking forward to more Ham Radio Now. Keep putting them out and I'll keep watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.