ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Kenwood TS830s

I have for sale an early '80s Kenwood TS830s. I received this from a friend's father who had it collecting dust for the past ten years and I thoroughly cleaned it. There are very few surface scratches, but you can't notice them unless you are directly looking at them. Includes stock filters CFJ455K5 and YK-88S1 (2.7KHz), plus optional filter YG-455C, owners manual with schematic, SP230 filtered speaker, and MC50 microphone.

Puts out just about 70 watts on all bands with the original tubes. The WARC bands are enabled, and the S Meter light was replaced with a pair of white LEDs and a dropping resistor. All knobs and switches work 100%, but there are a few issues that come with rigs of this age:
    -Notch filter is intermittent (sometimes it just cuts out)
    -Has the intermittent TX issue where after transmitting, either the frequency jumps a couple KC or the audio sounds muted. A second quick tap of the MC-50 will alleviate this. I also remedied this once by using contact cleaner on most of the cable connectors and working them a few times each, as well as tightening all screws but the issue appeared again several months later. (Solutions here: http://www.somis.org/830.html)
    -Once out of at worst 20 power ups, the band switch issue appears (the screen is blank and no RF through audio chain). This always fixes itself after turning the switch a band or two.

Also included is a 9/10 SP230 filtered speaker (A/B input, High, Mid, and Low cut) which works GREAT for cutting out static along with the VBT on the radio I did not receive the cable for this, but have made one myself if a mono 3.5mm headphone jack soldered to an RCA male.

Also is the MC50 Mic that has had a little surgery. The cable that connected the mic to the radio was missing when I purchased this and just got my general ticket. I didn't want to wait to order one and have it shipped, so I wired it to the 4 pin input from the rig. It works! I get compliments on the Kenwood sound when using the Low Impedence setting, and the HI Z setting helps break through pile ups a little better.

Here is my video of a QSO with KP4DKE on 10 meters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKD65yFEl7c

Since the rig is not in perfect working order, but includes the SP230 and mic, I think $475 shipped is fair (the thing weighs a ton and is very bulky). These are going for $500+ shipping in working condition with no mic or speaker on the Flea Bay.

Paypal is preferred (I don't charge the fee to you!) but postal M/O is fine as well. My email address is rd callahan 86 (at) gmail dot com (no spaces, etc) and this will be the best way to contact me.

Thanks for looking and 73!
    Ross
    KK4CUL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TS830s_Front.jpg   TS830s_Top.jpg  

SP230_Rear.jpg   TS830s_Filters.jpg  

TS830s_Innards.jpg   TS830s_On.jpg  

SP230_Front.jpg   MC50.jpg  

This ad was posted by KK4CUL Ross D Callahan, Louisville, KY 40228,
    KK4CUL joined QRZ on: 10-02-2011 IP: 74.133.209.225

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KK4CUL a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

Default Icom IC 706 and Mirage B-23

I have a great Icom IC-706 (original). Includes the HM-103 mic with UP/DOWN buttons. Only 1 noticable scratch on the top, the rest is still shiny and clean (copy of owner's manual included). The stand underneath works great. Power cord comes with round terminals for your PSU and ferrite cores to alleviate RFI going into the PSU. The previous owner did the TX unlock and I have made QSOs on 60m (full 100 watts). 2 meters will do about 11 watts, but all modes and it works great with the Mirage B23 amp (see below) for FM and SSB up to 30 watts. Physical: 9/10. Electrical: 9/10. Asking $485.00 shipped, but if interested in the amp below, will sell both for $500 shipped!

Mirage (pre MFJ ownership!) B-23 FM / CW / SSB brick amp that takes 2 in to make 30 out. I used this for my HT and for the 706 to make the last few miles into repeaters that the stock 5-10 watts can't do. The amp has a few scratches (made in 1983!) but works great and puts out the full rated power. It's perfect for adding to your HT in the car, so instead of having a mobile and an HT, you can hook your HT to the amp installed in your car. Also, I loved taking this with a SLA battery and my HT hiking or camping. Takes up minimal space and can be left behind when not needed. Includes original instruction manual. Physical: 8/10. Electrical: 9/10.

Asking $35 shipped, or $500 shipped for both.

Thanks and 73,
    Ross
    KK4CUL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IC706-Front1.jpg   IC706_FrontLight.jpg  

IC706_Top.jpg   B23_Front.jpg  

B23_Rear.jpg  

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KK4CUL a private message.

It is 10 watts. This is the original one. I will sell for $450 shipped

$425 + 25$ for S&H. Thanks for looking!

**** UPDATE ****

**PRICE LOWERED AGAIN! $425.00 SHIPPED TOTAL!**
    PAYPAL PREFERRED, but Postal MO is ok IF absolutely necessary.

Ray, I never got your email. It is rdcallahan86 (at) (gmail) .com

Thanks!

Talking Kenwood TS830S and Icom IC-706

I have a great Icom IC-706 (original). Includes the HM-103 mic with UP/DOWN buttons. Only 1 noticable scratch on the top, the rest is still shiny and clean (copy of owner's manual included). The stand underneath works great. Power cord comes with round terminals for your PSU and ferrite cores to alleviate RFI going into the PSU. The previous owner did the TX unlock and I have made QSOs on 60m (full 100 watts). 2 meters will do about 11 watts, but all modes and it works great with the Mirage B23 amp (see below) for FM and SSB up to 30 watts.
    Physical: 9/10. Electrical: 9/10. Asking $425.00 shipped, but if interested in the amp below, will sell both for $450 shipped!

Mirage (pre MFJ ownership!) B-23 FM / CW / SSB brick amp that takes 2 in to make 30 out. I used this for my HT and for the 706 to make the last few miles into repeaters that the stock 5-10 watts can't do. The amp has a few barely noticeable scratches (made in 1983!) but works great and puts out the full rated power. It's perfect for adding to your HT in the car, so instead of having a mobile and an HT, you can hook your HT to the amp installed in your car. Also, I loved taking this with a SLA battery and my HT hiking or camping. Takes up minimal space and can be left behind when not needed. Includes original instruction manual. Physical: 8/10. Electrical: 9/10.
    Asking $35 shipped, or $450 shipped for both.

Also for sale an early '80s Kenwood TS830s. I received this from a friend's father who had it collecting dust for the past ten years and I thoroughly cleaned it. There are very few surface scratches, but you can't notice them unless you are directly looking at them. Includes stock filters CFJ455K5 and YK-88S1 (2.7KHz), plus optional filter YG-455C, owners manual with schematic, SP230 filtered speaker, and MC50 microphone.
    Puts out just about 70 watts on all bands with the original tubes. The WARC bands are enabled, and the S Meter light was replaced with a pair of white LEDs and a dropping resistor. All knobs and switches work 100%, but there are a few issues that come with rigs of this age:
    -Notch filter is intermittent (sometimes it just cuts out)
    -Has the intermittent TX issue where after transmitting, either the frequency jumps a couple KC or the audio sounds muted. A second quick tap of the MC-50 will alleviate this. I also remedied this once by using contact cleaner on most of the cable connectors and working them a few times each, as well as tightening all screws but the issue appeared again several months later. (Solutions here: http://www.somis.org/830.html)
    -Once out of at worst 20 power ups, the band switch issue appears (the screen is blank and no RF through audio chain). This always fixes itself after turning the switch a band or two.

Also included is a 9/10 SP230 filtered speaker (A/B input, High, Mid, and Low cut) which works GREAT for cutting out static along with the VBT on the radio I did not receive the cable for this, but have made one myself if a mono 3.5mm headphone jack soldered to an RCA male.

Also is the MC50 Mic that has had a little surgery. The cable that connected the mic to the radio was missing when I purchased this and just got my general ticket. I didn't want to wait to order one and have it shipped, so I wired it to the 4 pin input from the rig. It works! I get compliments on the Kenwood sound when using the Low Impedence setting, and the HI Z setting helps break through pile ups a little better.

Here is my video of a QSO with KP4DKE on 10 meters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKD65yFEl7c

Since the rig is not in perfect working order, but includes the SP230 and mic, I think $425 shipped is fair (the thing weighs a ton and is very bulky). These are going for $500+ shipping in working condition with no mic or speaker on the Flea Bay.

Paypal is preferred (I don't charge the fee to you!) but postal M/O is fine as well. My email address is rdcallahan86 (at) gmail dot com (no spaces, etc) and this will be the best way to contact me.

Make me an offer and CONTACT: PM, REPLY TO THIS, OR EMAIL: rdcallahan86 (at) gmail . com (no spaces, etc)

Thanks for looking and 73!
    Ross
    KK4CUL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IC706_FrontLight.jpg   IC706_Top.jpg  

B23_Front.jpg   TS830s_Front.jpg  

TS830s_Filters.jpg   TS830s_Top.jpg  

MC50.jpg   SP230_Front.jpg  

Last edited by KK4CUL; 09-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.

706 and B23 amp are sold! THE KENWOOD TS830S and SP230, MC50 are still available for $425 (including shipping!)

PM, Reply, or email!

KENWOOD TS830S and SP230, MC50 are now available for $375 + $25 for shipping!

PM, Reply, or email!

​sold sold sold! Thanks and 73