ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov

Default Yaesu 101ZD

I have for sale a nice yaesu 101ZD that has been well taken care of. My brother gave it to me upon me getting my tech, but it is a bit much for me. I am wanting to sell it so I can buy a smaller and more portable rig. This rig works great me and my brother has made several contacts with this 101ZD and if you would like I would even throw in the pictured antenna tuner for an additional price. Also this 101ZD does have the 11meter crystals in place of the 10 meter ones.

Price 101ZD $400.00 + S/H

price 101ZD + MFJ antenna tuner $450.00 + S/H

I will only ship to U.S. only

73's

KK4JMH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo1.JPG   photo2.JPG  

This ad was posted by KK4JMH TERRY L SATTERFIELD, HINESVILLE, GA 31313,
    KK4JMH joined QRZ on: 05-25-2012 IP: 174.228.129.117

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KK4JMH a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

The price is negotiable or if you have anything to trade we can talk.

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KK4JMH a private message.

Do you still have the radio? Can you tell me what all comes with the radio? Also, can you tell me what condition the tubes are in and what power it is putting out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4JMH View Post
    I have for sale a nice yaesu 101ZD that has been well taken care of. My brother gave it to me upon me getting my tech, but it is a bit much for me. I am wanting to sell it so I can buy a smaller and more portable rig. This rig works great me and my brother has made several contacts with this 101ZD and if you would like I would even throw in the pictured antenna tuner for an additional price. Also this 101ZD does have the 11meter crystals in place of the 10 meter ones.

Price 101ZD $400.00 + S/H

price 101ZD + MFJ antenna tuner $450.00 + S/H

I will only ship to U.S. only

73's

KK4JMH

This ad was posted by N5ATM VINCENT M MARTIN, DALLAS, TX 75214,
    N5ATM joined QRZ on: 04-10-2001 IP: 70.123.127.239

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N5ATM a private message.

All of the tubes are in great condition. I have not had any problems with the tubes, The power output is 100w PEP on 20 - 160 meters. The radio comes with the radio, mic, and power cord. This rig has all of the options with it except the AM card.

PM sent. 73 - Tom AC1S

This ad was posted by AC1S THOMAS A ALBERTIN, ACTON, MA 01720,
    AC1S joined QRZ on: 08-03-2005 IP: 71.184.108.182

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send AC1S a private message.

PM Sent

N5ATM

This ad was posted by N5ATM VINCENT M MARTIN, DALLAS, TX 75214,
    N5ATM joined QRZ on: 04-10-2001 IP: 70.123.127.239

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N5ATM a private message.

I know you're looking to sell, but the FT-101ZD is a fine, solid old boat anchor. If I was in your shoes and could swing a second portable rig, I'd consider keeping it.

New radios these days are impossible to service yourself, this one is not. Parts are plentiful, especially the electrolytic caps which dry out with age and are the most common failure point. There's lots of useful information and user support available on http://foxtango.org/foxtango001.htm. Working on it will help you learn radio theory, and operating it will hone your skills, especially listening. It's got a sensitive receiver, but none of the fancy DSP or filters the new rigs have. Sometimes you have to work your contacts :-) Get an external communications speaker like the SP-901 that's made for it, the audio is a 200% improvement over the internal one.

There are lots of new hams that can't tune a set of tube finals and wind up smoking their first HF amp. The 6146B finals in your FT-101ZD aren'y indestructible, but they are very forgiving and relatively inexpensive. They also last a long time if they're not abused. On phone, keep the audio within the green on the ALC meter. If you ever run AM, keep the carrier under 25 watts. Avoid tuning up for more than 10 seconds at a time on a 25% duty ciycle (10 seconds on, 30 seconds off). Operating an old boat anchor like this takes patience, but can be very rewarding.

The 10M crystal sets are available on Ebay fairly cheap. Like many old rigs (and some new ones) the ZD won't push full output on 10M, but there's little difference signal-wise between 70 watts and 100. Still more than plenty when 10M is open. When you upgrade to General you'll appreciate it even more, this rig really shines on 20-80M. Add a nice aftermarket microphone, and it excels for ragchewing. Tuning is a little cumbersome for contesting, but with an external VFO it's possible to operate split. Those pop up on eBay all the time.

I hope you decide to keep the ZD. if you do I'm sure it'll serve you well, and if you don't, I'm sure it will do the same for your buyer. Please pack it carefully, it's an irreplaceable piece of amateur radio history.

**Disclaimer - I'm not impartial, there's one sitting to my left as I type this, and although it's not my primary rig, I operate it at least once a week.**

WV3E

This ad was posted by WV3E Eric J Fowler, Pittsburgh, PA 15237,
    WV3E joined QRZ on: 12-22-2011 IP: 74.98.228.158

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send WV3E a private message.

Item sold on ebay