ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec

Question Need VX-7r parts

I jave a nice VX-7R, but it is a silver case. I'd like to purchase a black case...where can i find one? I emailed yaesu a week ago and haven't received an email back. does someone have the part number so i can just call them and order it? I know with my THF6 i can just go to kenwoodparts dot com and order what i need is there a site similar for yaesu parts?

Thank you for the help.

Don't rely on email. Give them a call and tell them what you are looking for. I have never needed a parts number with parts I had to get from Yaesu.
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to receive."
    -Otto Watt Sept. 5 1925

Can't you repaint your case? (I've heard of some complaints of the silver peeling but have not had that happen with mine.) Otherwise, call them as the gentleman above suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ4VTH View Post
    Can't you repaint your case? (I've heard of some complaints of the silver peeling but have not had that happen with mine.) Otherwise, call them as the gentleman above suggests.
    my case is silver. i think its time to change it to a nice black one, sure i can paint it with my trusty can of plastidip but than ill loose all the numbers and notes on the keypad of the case the crystal glass and black bazel is fine.

i am sure yaesu can sell me a black case with a sealed speaker and whatever else i need to swap exoskeletons on my VX7r. thanks for your reply buddy

Put a magnifying glass to mine and I'll be damned: there's stuff there that I never saw before!

I have heard of folks painting theirs army green, day-glo orange, etc. They may painted over the lettering, not really sure. Numbers are on rubber buttons; don't paint those.

You're right: may be simpler to order a new shell from Yaesu.
    Last edited by KJ4VTH; 08-08-2012 at 09:43 PM.

What did you end up doing with your Silver VX-7R?
    Did you replace the case?
    The back case of my radio has peeled off.
    Thanks -
    Mark T.
    KC9VUL