ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl

Quote Originally Posted by KC0W View Post
    Worked them from the mobile twice. Doesn't look like they are denoting mobile stations from fixed stations in their log which might upset some diehard mobile operators..........

Anyone else ever do the "VFO Shuffle" while operating mobile?

Tom KCW

They logged both of my mobile qsos as /m.

I've tried the "VFO Shuffle" once, (had to, the TS-120 I was using didn't have 2 VFOs) but didn't have much luck doing it.
    73, Tom

Looks like they have uploaded recently. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KR2D View Post
    CY9M log is now online: http://www.cy9m.com/log/

Don't know if the entire log has been uploaded to Clublog yet, but my QSOs are there.

Nothing in LoTW for me yet...
    Leroy
    Be sure to listen for my beacon on 28.278.8 MHz

Thank You to everybody who worked us.

Just to clarify a few things, we did not work EU mostly on purpose and not west coast. We landed on the east side of the island (which was safest at that point in time, almost didn't land at all). The antennas had a clear shot to EU. Also we worked countless W6 and W7's across multiple bands, many with extreme strong signals. If you did not get in the log, we are sorry. We do not have any control over the propagation. If we hear you, we work you.

Also, St. Paul is not an easy place to get to and that is why there are so few operations there. If you can find a skipper in the area that knows Island landing spots to take you there, the landing is very difficult and takes a lot of planning and teamwork. It took us 6 hours just to load the stuff onto the small shoreline via a smaller support boat. That is not including the 20 foot cliff we had to get everything up via heavy pulling / lifting and ropes. The team of 10 was so exhausted, we were lucky to get 1 station on by the end of the 1st day.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    VE3EN (CY9M Team Member).

Thanks for going, Kevin.

I recall reading something earlier about two sites, and the team would use which ever the sea allowed.

Reading your post, it sounds like we were lucky you landed at all.

Glad CY9M could pull it off, and thanks for the qsos.
    73, Tom

Thanks for you effort activating CY9M!!!

Say hello to my friend & fellow Greek, Victoria, SV2KBS who was a CW op on your DXpedition.

Tom KCW

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    Maybe someone will go there again someday, (SIGH). Atleast it is EASY to get to!
    I beg to differ!

I was part of the CY9M team and it's not for nothing this entity was last active 7 years ago (until now). Yes, it's fairly easy to get to if you like 3 flights even from within the USA - (just ask Wild Bill how many flights it took him to get to Halifax.)

Once you make it to the north tip of Cape Breton, the boat is 1 hour journey to the island. This in itself sounds easy, but in a swell of 4m as we had upon landing, I can assure it's nothing like simple at all.

10 of us had to rock climb ( none of us had rock climbing skill!) to land. Once we did it took over 6 hours to haul gear up cliffs and man-handle to the operating site a distance away.

We were dead on our feet the first night which is why we only operated two bands then.

For sure CY9M will make a good story and it's being written now. Nothing was easy about this trip and you may soon see why

All in all it was an excellent operating experience and NA ops were very well behaved.

73!

Col, MM0NDX
    CY9M Team

Please, no disrespect meant as far as the wonderful job you guys did and the very difficult access. I had no idea it was that tough. I tried several nights and just couldn't hear U except once on 15CW.
    Thanks for putting on a very rare entity. Maybe a Helicopter would have made things easier.
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

I could never hear you either, but then, I work weird hours. But thanks for the activation.

And Kevin, the t-shirt arrived. Thanks!

Bill
    Member: Backyard Engineering Group

Quote Originally Posted by MM0NDX View Post
    I beg to differ!

I was part of the CY9M team and it's not for nothing this entity was last active 7 years ago (until now). Yes, it's fairly easy to get to if you like 3 flights even from within the USA - (just ask Wild Bill how many flights it took him to get to Halifax.)

Once you make it to the north tip of Cape Breton, the boat is 1 hour journey to the island. This in itself sounds easy, but in a swell of 4m as we had upon landing, I can assure it's nothing like simple at all.

10 of us had to rock climb ( none of us had rock climbing skill!) to land. Once we did it took over 6 hours to haul gear up cliffs and man-handle to the operating site a distance away.

We were dead on our feet the first night which is why we only operated two bands then.

For sure CY9M will make a good story and it's being written now. Nothing was easy about this trip and you may soon see why

All in all it was an excellent operating experience and NA ops were very well behaved.

73!

Col, MM0NDX
    CY9M Team
    Thanks for your efforts...I'm sure there were many moments that were truly enjoyable....Got through to you guys 1st call on 6M & I believe Wild Bill was working the station....sounded like him...he's always in the air or sitting on a Tarmac somewhere....enjoyed listening to you guys....73

@CY9M CY9M now uploaded to LoTW

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast