ad: CQMM-1

Is There A Problem With The USPS?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4JC, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4JC

K4JC Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone else had issues with getting DX QSLs? Lately I have noticed that my return rate on direct QSLs from overseas has gone way down. Originally I was attributing the trend to a bad run of greenstamp collectors, but now it looks like Uncle Sam might be to blame.

I have learned from a couple of overseas QSL managers that some mail being sent to the U.S. is being returned to sender. One manager even sent me a scan of several of the envelopes that were returned to him. On each envelope was a yellow sticker, the kind USPS uses for forwarded or returned mail. All of the letters were properly addressed and were headed to different states, but all were marked, "return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward," and were turned back the same day. I took a copy of the scans to my local Postmaster to find out what is going on. All she was able to tell me was the mail had reached New York and was returned from there. She could not find out why.

If you have been waiting for a DX card that should have arrived by now, try to contact the DX station or his QSL manager and ask if their card to you was returned. If you are a DX station or QSL manager, perhaps you can chime in with your observations. Hopefully this isn't an epidemic, but since I've heard the same story from multiple QSL managers I can't help but wonder if there's a glitch in the USPS system (well, another glitch amongst others!) As much money as many of us invest in QSLing it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

returned-mail.JPG

2. W3KHG

W3KHG Ham Member QRZ Page

It's called Federal Government.

3. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Shouldn't this be in the "DX" forum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.