Callsign
ad: udcsys-1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rusprint qsl cards - no response - what gives?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper

Default rusprint qsl cards - no response - what gives?

hi qrz heads, i ordered some qsl cards from rusprint (2nd time, 1st went just fine) over 5 weeks ago. no cards, no response to email, no response to a paypal dispute. does anyone know what is up with them ? should i just file for a refund ? thank you, seventhree, cn81 jefferson state

Their website says "Rusprint will be closed until September 1, 2012."
    Last edited by KJ4VTH; 07-12-2012 at 02:27 AM.

I use the best QSL card printer I could find. Me... I have enough graphics experience and software I can design and print my own. This way I can print them in small batches and only as I need them. Plus, I can also change the design on a whim, or have several different designs...

Quote Originally Posted by K6CPO View Post
    I use the best QSL card printer I could find. Me... I have enough graphics experience and software I can design and print my own. This way I can print them in small batches and only as I need them. Plus, I can also change the design on a whim, or have several different designs...

Wow. You must be special.

John,

What are you using as far as software - MS publisher, photoshop, PP ???

Thanks
    Frank

I print my own as well. You really don't need any special software, but it is nice if you have some sort of photo editing program. You can use MS Word or Open Office, but they're a bit cumbersome. However, here's a hint that will make the job easier. Use the label template for Avery 5389. That's the post card layout, and 5389 card stock can be bought from most office supply stores, albeit in their own brand. Even if your printer doesn't do double side prints, it is no trick printing them on the back side.

If you use a Mac, the best software to use is TypeStyler. It is $60 from the App Store, and is about as slick as any layout program there is.
    Alan Applegate, KBG
    http://www.k0bg.com

Just contact Tony, LZ1JZ via his qrz info, if you want to see what great customer service is all about. Good prices and quality to boot.
    A friend of mine contacted him by email last week at 6:30 EDT and had a response back in 24 minutes. Big deal, you say? Well consider 6:30 EDT is 1:30 AM in Bulgaria ! When it comes to customer service it is Elecraft for radios and LZ1JZ for QSLs.

Ponied up to the Bar, with an umbrella in my drink.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ULT View Post
    John,

Thanks
    Frank
    Publisher works wonders. Especially since you can set up a merge print ("mail merge") from a database extract, either in Excel, Access, dBase, or a few others. Makes printing a large number of cards at once easy, and saves on the wrist strains from writing all the data onto the card by hand.

Right now I use PAINT.NET for most of my photo editing & cropping.

There are other alternatives to both out there, so look around and see what suits you the best.
    Stay Calm & RTJR! LGB!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ULT View Post
    John,

Thanks
    Frank
    I have Adobe's Design Standard CS5 Suite. This is comprised of Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5 and Acrobat 9. I also use Lightroom 4 for image organizing and processing. As far as the QSL cards is concerned, almost all of the design work is done with InDesign although I use Lightroom and Photoshop to process the images I use in the cards.

I also use the above to publish two newsletters, one for my ham radio club and another for the Pacific Southwest Railway museum in Campo, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Publisher works wonders. Especially since you can set up a merge print ("mail merge") from a database extract, either in Excel, Access, dBase, or a few others. Makes printing a large number of cards at once easy, and saves on the wrist strains from writing all the data onto the card by hand.

Right now I use PAINT.NET for most of my photo editing & cropping.

There are other alternatives to both out there, so look around and see what suits you the best.
    I think the mail merge can be done from just about any program in the Microsoft Office Suite, but I don't use it as I'm relatively new to HF and don't produce a huge volume of cards. The most I've ever sent out at once is eight...

Quote Originally Posted by KR2C View Post
    Wow. You must be special.
    Yes I am...

(That did come across as a little self-aggrandizing, didn't it?)

WOW! I remember RUSSPRINT from back in 1968 along with "LITTLE PRINT SHOP" who sent out
    QSL Samples. Often, they found out what your new callsign was before the FCC sent your license, so you would know your callsign ahead of the fact. They had some IN with the FCC. GLad to see that business is still going after all these years!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast