#01=> All electrical power used must be as if the "MAINS ARE DOWN!"___INDEPENDENT sources only!
#02=> 040 Meter Band only!
#03=> QRP power levels, 5 Watts P.E.P.(10 Watts P.E.P. E.R.P.), only!
#04=> Straight Key A1A(CW) only!
#05=> 12 W.P.M. code rate only!
#06=> Contest to last 3(three) days only!
#07=> All "Contacts" must have a QSO time of at least 1/2 hour(30 minutes)!
#08=> The point of the contest is to collect information about the other station that could be of some use in AN EMERGENCY!
Under ONLY THESE SPECIFIC PARAMETERS?!
pleaaase___Talk to little children that way. I'm an ADULT now. I KNOW BETTER!
At 12WPM via straight key it's likely the guy at the other end will flat-line long before someone collects enough information to save them.
QSY to the phone portion, strap softly and turn up the wick. Life is way too short for QRP...be hours ahead when minutes count.
The AR15/M16 - Irritating practically everyone since 1960...
Last edited by KJ3N; 07-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.
"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX
"He's dead, Jim. You take his Tricorder and I'll get his wallet."
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Sorry, FBI, but calling another member a "jerk" is a personal attack.
Originally Posted by K1FBI
Member: Backyard Engineering Group
No, it isn't.
Originally Posted by N3IFD
You want a contest where performance under pressure happens?
Here's a contest for ya:
1) CW only - any speed, any power level, any frequency in the non-phone part of any band except 160.
2) Contest lasts 24 hours, start to finish, divided into four 6 hour periods.
3) No computers, no memory keyers, no keyboards, paper logs only.
4) Exchange consists of callsign, section, and a practice message in standard ARRL format. Message must be unique for each exchange and must contain all parts of standard message. Text of message must be at least 25 words. Copies of all messages sent and received must be sent in along with log.
5) Same station may be worked on different bands and in different 6 hour contest periods.
And now the big one:
6) Entire station must be homebrew or converted surplus. No kits, no manufactured rigs of any vintage. Transmitter, receiver, amplifier, transceiver, VFO, power supplies, TR control, keyer, antenna, transmatch, electronic accessories all must be homebrew or converted surplus. Clocks, lights, keys, paddles and shack furniture may be of any origin.
Now THAT would be a contest!
73 de Jim, N2EY
Maybe it's just me ....... but i'm still trying to figure out what the hell this thread is all about...... I assume this is an anti-c.w. contest rant.
Please carry on ....... it's a WALT contender and my official IB4TL with bonus points for sliding a personal attack through to lock it down!
Fly like an Eagle....not like a Turkey
Member of the Frank Appreciation Society
..... and Goats everywhere ... Member No. 54
Participant in WALT (Worked All Locked Threads) contest
I thought it might have been borderline Bill, but under the circumstances, even you guys gave him some "time off". I do apologize and will refrain.
Originally Posted by K7JBQ
I liked this thread better when it was just the OP talking to himself.
Quoted for truth.
Originally Posted by KD2AKG
Andy - The Ham Formerly Known As W2AJW (2008-2013) and KB0WJO (1996-2008).