ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Default I go by my middle name, when I get my HAM ticket can I use my middle name?

I go by my middle name, when I get my HAM ticket can I use my middle name?

I have went by my middle name for well over 10 years, can I use my middle name on the HAM ticket, instead of my first name?

Quote Originally Posted by MR_HAMWANNAB View Post
    I go by my middle name, when I get my HAM ticket can I use my middle name?

I have went by my middle name for well over 10 years, can I use my middle name on the HAM ticket, instead of my first name?
    I went to the FCC online registration information, and there is nothing there one way or the other about having to use your legal name. The form asks for first name and middle initial, though, and it's all pegged to your taxpayer ID number. So, I would think that the name should match what's on the taxpayer ID.

My father had a lot of grief with government forms in his lifetime. At least FCC only asks for middle initial. Many of them want your full middle name. On my dad's birth certificate, they abbreviated his middle name as 'R.', so that was his legal middle name. If he put the legal name on the document, it got rejected. If he put the name it was supposed to be, it got rejected because it didn't match his birth certificate.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

Ash Fork, AZ - 60 miles south of the Grand Canyon, off of Route 66.

Since there is no place for a AKA on the FCC application, use your legal name. However, when you get on the air you can use whatever name you want. If you feel you need to explain a little bit, include a brief mention in your QRZ profile. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Many people prefer their middle name, while others don't. In my case, I dropped a middle name. Originally I was Martin Harold Edward Meserve. But I found that the "H" was a little clumsy and dropped it. That was over 40 years ago and my legal name no longer reflects it. And, as you can see from my call letters "K7MEM", neither does my ham license.
    73, Martin, K7MEM
    Ash Fork, AZ
    [URL]http://www.k7mem.com[/URL]

In my area, it seems that every pickup truck or SUV comes with one or more dogs. It's so common that I can only assume that the dog(s) must come with the vehicle. So logic tells me that, if you want to keep the truck for a long time, go for the multi-dog option. Otherwise, if the dog dies, you have to buy a new truck. I have five dogs (4 dogs as of 4/4/2013, RIP Katie), so I'm set for a few years.

A few years ago, I was required to fill out a federal form listing all my aliases so they could be used to identify me. Having no aliases, I found that quite amusing and invented some on the spot. I think this was a "homeland seguridad" thing.
    I wish I could remember what aliases I used, because I probably could have used one with the FCC.