Callsign
ad: giga-ldg

Thread: Suggestions for new 440 Mhz Vertical Omni.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Default Suggestions for new 440 Mhz Vertical Omni.

--Hi, all. I am wanting to have 440 FM capabilities at my home, and I am in need of a good quality, high-gain vertical omni antenna. The antenna I use for 2 meter FM is the Hustler G7-144, and it has performed better than any other 2 meter vertical I have used. I was hoping Hustler made a G7-440, but they don't. However, they make a G6-440. For the people that have used this antenna and compared them to other mono band 440 verticals, what is your opinion of the G6-440? Are there better made, higher gain amateur antennas out there? I should say that I am not looking for the really expensive brands like Decibel, Sinclair, etc., but mainly "amateur grade" antennas/price range. Thanks for any help.
    Adam
    K5AHH

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. --Sir Winston Churchill

The G6-440 is a very good antenna, I've used them a lot.

Of course a used Stationmaster (now RFS, previously Celwave, and before that Phelps-Dodge -- but it's all the same antenna) is better, as well as a bit larger and heavier.

The 440 MHz 4-dipole arrays (and also available as 8-dipole and 16-dipole arrays, if you have the vertical space) are excellent.
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

My suggestion is use the antenna handbook. The dimensions for 440 antennas are nice and small making them a great learning tool.

I agree with WIK array's are awesome on this band for FM stuff
    De Oppresso Liber.