ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Programing a Boafeng UV-5R using Chirp

I have a baofeng uv-5r and I would like to program it thru chirp but I see that the uv-3r is the only selection within the program

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

VA3HRO
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by VA3HRO View Post
    I have a baofeng uv-5r and I would like to program it thru chirp but I see that the uv-3r is the only selection within the program

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

VA3HRO
    Mike
    Hopefully the mods move this thread to the proper place. But, in the meantime, I'll be helpful.

To be able to program the UV-5R, you have to download a daily build, not the stable release. The stable release doesn't support the 5R yet, just the 3R, but the daily builds can and will program the newer 5R.

I've used the latest daily builds to program my wife's 5R with no hiccups whatsoever. Seems like when enthusiasts put a beta out, it's better than Microsoft's final products LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KF5NZF View Post
    Hopefully the mods move this thread to the proper place. But, in the meantime, I'll be helpful.

To be able to program the UV-5R, you have to download a daily build, not the stable release. The stable release doesn't support the 5R yet, just the 3R, but the daily builds can and will program the newer 5R.

I've used the latest daily builds to program my wife's 5R with no hiccups whatsoever. Seems like when enthusiasts put a beta out, it's better than Microsoft's final products LOL.
    Thanks got it.....