Standard Rig Control Software
I have been thinking about creating an open source standard rig control software with the following features:
1. A common TCP and/or UDP protocol to control the rig using a common API
2. Allow many applications to connect to the same radio at the same time.
3. All radio information would be sent to all connected applications
4. Software authors would using a single protocol to control the radio.
5. It would be open source
6. It will be extendable
7. Protocol would be ASCII (maybe ADIF format or XML)
Darryl DE WA1GON
Originally Posted by WA1GON
Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, why not throw your support behind one of several projects out there that provide rig control. Flrig (and Fldigi, et al) is a perfect examples of a project that is always looking for help. And, it is open source AND cross platform.
Also the Hamlib project could use help and we're quite a long way to having already implemented what appears on your list. It could use more testing and bug fixing.