ad: cq2k-1

W2ML silent key - NY TImes recognizes his accomplishments

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA3YRE, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA3YRE

WA3YRE Guest

In what I found an unusual turn of events the New York Times gave actual good coverage to the passing of Steve Mendelsohn on page A26 of the paper and at http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-spread-word-of-city-marathons-is-dead-at-67/ in the on line edition.

Steve was a great man, well loved by all those who had the good fortune to work with him either in Ham Radio endeavors or professionally in the real of broadcasting.

I feel that my life has been enriched by the crossing of our paths.

There is no mention of funeral arrangements, but I am sure they will be forthcoming.

Today I took one of my many orange NYC Marathon ball caps out of the closet and wore it to work. It might be nice for all the hams that have been marathon communicators over the years to pick a day and make it marathon hat day in rememberance of Steve.

-Brett
    wa3yre

2. KC7LOK

KC7LOK Ham Member QRZ Page

It was a pleasure to meet Steve at Pacificon, 2011. My partner, Mark, KG7CX, had been in touch with Steve over the years when putting together com plans for the Discovery Walks in Vancouver, WA. We were both pleased to have the opportunity to met Steve & were both saddened by his passing. Truly a great gentleman & a loss to all who knew him.

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.