ad: QSLWorks-1

Yaesu's Newest Transceiver The FTdx3000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4CLM, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4CLM

W4CLM Ham Member QRZ Page

As of this date, May 19, 2012 the FT-DX3000 has NOT been approved by the FCC for
    sale. Once the radio has received FCC approval and pricing has been announced,
    you will be advised right here on the Fox Tango Users Group.

Join us on the Fox Tango Users Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yaesu_FTdx3000_Users_Group/

(editor note: see brochure here: http://www.hamradio.com/documents/2012.5_FTDX-3000.pdf )

Yaesu's Newest Rig for 2012
    HF/50 MHz 100 W Transceiver, the FTDX3000 has only one receiver, a high speed Spectrum Scope is built into the radio. When in the Auto Mode, the Spectrum Scope display is updated in real time. The 3.5-inch wide color LCD displays the operating information and the status of
    the transceiver functions, with high resolution (480 x 272 dots) on the screen and The 32 bit high speed floating decimal DSP.

Best Regards
    Carol Maher W4CLM
    Club Admin http://www.foxtango.org

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  2. WF7A

WF7A XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an FYI, Carol: Don't be surprised if this thread is moved to a more appropriate forum, possibly Amateur Radio News.

3. WX4O

WX4O Ham Member QRZ Page

A very nice looking rig! Depending on price I may buy one outright or trade my IC-7200

4. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wow, an ICOM 756pro clone.

K2WH

5. W5ZZ

W5ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm, why would Kenwood want to clone a "garbage" receiver of Icom 756 series?

6. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought this thread was about Yaesu...not Kenwood.

7. K7CB

Doesn't look anything like a 756Pro to me...although I'll agree that both Kenwood and Yaesu seem to be changing the look of their radios to be similar to Icom's current line up.

8. W5ZZ

W5ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry my mistake !

9. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A REAL S-meter...nice!

10. K7CB

:cool: You could easily have been thinking about the TS-990. I'll have to make a trip up to HRO Denver when it comes out so I can see one in person.

11. K7CB

I think it's a "virtual" analog meter...but I do like over the typical bar graph meter.

12. K6OK

K6OK Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice rig! I'm wondering where this fits in the line-up... a replacement for the FT-950 or FT-2000? Looks like the FTDX3000 has a single VFO so my guess it might be a replacement for the 950? Yaesu might give the TS590 a run for its money if Yaesu prices this under $2000...

13. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

i got to agree with the "wow 756 clone"

14. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow... thanks Yaesu.

If it's nearly the performer of the FTdx-5000 on the receive side, it should be a winner.

I suspect it'll come in around $2000 to $2500. I hope anyway.

Let's hope there's no initial transmit spike -- before the alc or tgc circuit takes control.

I think it looks great!

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  15. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, the S-meter appears to be integrated into the color LCD display -- it's not analog. It doesn't matter much to me.

It does look good. Actually, the whole rig looks great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.