Originally Posted by G0VQY
My system is a HP G62 Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium- Service Pack 1 - 64 Bit, and 4 GB of internal memory. The OS and several other application are on automatic update. The OS updated just last week.
For browsing I am using Firefox Version 12.0. This, like the OS was updated last week.
The latest installed Java is Java 6 - Version 6 Update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02). K4DEN wrote that he is using version 184.108.40.206, but the Java on mine will not update unless it finds that it needs to. And, the latest version from Java.com is Java 7 Update 4. The variety of versions in use tells me there isn't any real issues with Java.
K4DEN also had a problem with Firefox and QRZ. I don't have any issues with QRZ and I have "Ad Block Plus", FireFTP, Firebug and a couple of weather add-ons installed. I am wondering if he went too far with the version of Java.
And, don't worry about HTML 4 and HTML 5. They have been talking about HTML 5 for almost 10 years now. The changes from HTML 4 to 5 are pretty radical, but they can not switch with out keeping everyone compatible. Any browser updates will include some compatibility with HTML 5, but you won't really know about them until the switch. They will still just be talking about it 10 years from now.
73, Martin, K7MEM
Ash Fork, AZ
In my area, it seems that every pickup truck or SUV comes with one or more dogs. It's so common that I can only assume that the dog(s) must come with the vehicle. So logic tells me that, if you want to keep the truck for a long time, go for the multi-dog option. Otherwise, if the dog dies, you have to buy a new truck. I have five dogs (4 dogs as of 4/4/2013, RIP Katie), so I'm set for a few years.
I too have Add Block Plus installed. Turns out it was Add Block Plus itself that was causing the issues with the menus on the qrz main page.
Originally Posted by K7MEM
First a search in the filters list revealed qrz was listed with a filter for pix. I disabled that. Then from the ABP menu I chose "Open blockable items" and noticed the references to ajax libs
I checked the blocking rules and saw ajax.googleapis.com in the block list.
I chose to leave that set to blocked and added the following "custom - exception filter" using the qrz domain and the menus work fine now.
It was calling a third party site and being blocked
I'm currently running:
Shown in "Add-ons Manager"
Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U4 10.4.1.255
Java Deploymment Toolkit 220.127.116.11 10.4.1.255
Then shown at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U4
Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers 18.104.22.168
Java Deployment Toolkit 22.214.171.124
NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy 126.96.36.199
I tried the websdr site and loaded 3 or 4. All worked fine and displayed a waterfall
I had to do this both on my Vista Home Premium notebook and my Windows 7 64-bit machine to fix qrz. Both running Firefox 12 with Ad Block Plus
Side Note: I just checked another site I had problems with a video chat loading saying I didn't have flash installed, which is wrong, and what do you know..same "ajax.googleapis.com" being blocked. Added another exception rule for that domain only and fixed it
Last edited by K4DEN; 05-21-2012 at 09:44 AM.
I have just checked and I have got Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.40 .255 10.4.1 .255
The Java platform is SE 7 U4 10.4.1 .255
I have looked through my plug-ins in Firefox and I can't see anything that could be causing the problem. Anyway, I get the same problem what ever browser I am using, it's not just isolated to one browser, so that's why I don't think it is a browser security settings that is creating the problem, unless all browsers have the same settings.
It turned out that the problem was with my security software Kaspersky. It expired last week so I downloaded the latest version and renewed my licenses. I went on to some of the WEBSDR websites that I've not been able to hear before and they are all working. I thought I would test another computer that I haven't yet updated with the latest virus software and the WEBSDR still weren't working. After installing the latest security software, voilą, everything is working now. So that explains why all computers in my house were experiencing exactly the same problem, they all have Kaspersky installed. It would also explain why my mate could come up here on my network and listen to all of the stations without any problems.
With the benefit of hindsight it now makes sense and I don't know why I didn't think of it then.