ad: AbAuRe-1

Update of the popular SDR (RX and TX) software now available…

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everybody;</SPAN>

We have finally finished the V2.4 and it is now available though the MDSR Yahoo user group. It will also be available through our official MDSR webpage. It can be found in the MDSR V2.4 folder in the files sections.</SPAN>
    Everybody should update to version 2.4. to get the latest benefits of the MDSR development. Before installing close the MDSR application if you already using MDSR. Installation will take a few minutes. All the calibration and setup data will stay in place.</SPAN>

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mdsradio/</SPAN> (Please sign up as a user to get the software)

http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr/

What is new?</SPAN>

• Will install on WinXP, Vista and Win7 (32 and 64bit)</SPAN>
    • Support for the Arduino Frequency counter (instructions and firmware are included in this release). </SPAN>
    • Improved GUI </SPAN>
    • Improved filtering</SPAN>
    • Updated help files</SPAN>
    • Some bug fixes – reported by users</SPAN>

We want to thank everybody that was giving us input to make this software happen.</SPAN>

Special thanks to Guy (ON6MU) for his hard work to program the MDSR SA and the implementation of OmniRIG.</SPAN>
    Thanks to Alex Shovkoplyas</SPAN> for the use of the OmniRIG interface</SPAN>
    Also special thanks to Adam (VA7OJ) for the use of his test lab and the advice, that let us pass the FCC requirement for TX spurious emissions.</SPAN>

All the best and thanks for supporting the MDSR development. Please tell al your friend about this development.</SPAN>

All the software and source code is free as long as it is used for HAM radio. </SPAN>

Thanks;</SPAN>

Alex</SPAN>
    VE7DXW</SPAN>

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

God I hate it when you have to join yet another Yahoo group to get the software. It's just a waste. I join, get the app, then quit. Please stop sending us to a membership requirement in order to use your app!

3. VE7DXW

Hi Frank;

We have worked very hard at this software and we still need user input from users like you to make it better. We also do understand that signing up for Yahoo is a bit of a nuisance, but the MDSR group offers way more than just the MDSR software. There is information of how to connect the specific radio to the soundcard. There are manuals and help files as well as a photo archive of the project.

It is very well worth it to sign up and to participate in this development. This is most likely the first time that HAM radio operators have to opportunity to have a direct say what goes into SDR software and participate in its development.

Here is the link to the software:
    http://users.skynet.be/on1dht/download/MDSR%20Setup.zip</SPAN>

I really hope you are going to join the group;

Thanks;

The MDSR Team
    Alex
    VE7DXW</SPAN>

4. W4IDJ

W4IDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a question .

I have a Icom 746pro and a rigblaster plus is that all I need to do this. Oh yeah my radio plug straight into my computer can it be done. What does.this program do?

5. VE7DXW

Hi KI4YLD;

The MDSR program takes the IF of a transceiver and converts it to 12kHz IF. At this point the IF is feed to the soundcard. Once the IF is converted into a digital data stream it is process in a DSP processor and demodulated. It works the same way PowerSDR does, the only difference is that MDSR will work with your existing RIG and you can run MSDR without the need of a high end computer.

Please check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mdsradio/</SPAN>

and sign up for the user group. There is a lot of information regarding this project.

The MDSR was developed by regular HAMs so it is easy to use and install.

The down converter PCB and kit can be ordered on line from the group.

Thanks;

Alex
    VE7DXW</SPAN>

6. K4HX

K4HX Ham Member QRZ Page

7. VE7DXW

8. W4IDJ

W4IDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi VE7DXW

Say what you are saying is if I plug my radio into my computer and download the software it will work. Or is there something else I have to have to do it?

9. VE7DXW

Hi KI4YLD;

It is almost that simple. You need to convert the 455kHz IF inot 12kHz IF which then plugs into the soundcard.
    The converter PCB can be purchased as a kit from the MDSR website for $25 and $10 for shipping.

http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr/order.htm

For the CAT interface use the standard CAT interface, configuration is as simple as setting up any RS232 link.

All the best;

The MDSR Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.