ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters

Default FT107M Full service manual needed

Am in need of the full service manual for an FT107M..Just found bits and pieces of one on the web..Any help very much appreciated..Or if anyone has a hard copy for sale send me a message...Thanks N4DXX

As far as I can tell the service information is in the manual that can be downloaded from the internet. What is it that you feel is lacking in the operations manual?
    The manuals written at the time the FT-107M was made included a lot of service information on alignments and circuit diagrams as well as how the circuits were supposed to work. That is the information you would find in todays service manuals.
    Take a look at; http://www.radiomanual.eu/schemi/FT107M_user.pdf. See if that will helps any.
    Get back here and post what you specifically need to do.
    Good luck
    Gary

I picked up this 107m in a trade and it's the early version no warc.Works ok but the output and rx seems to drop quite a bit from say 40m to 10 meter band.For instance i see 150 watts plus on 75m..But on 10 meter it drops all the way to 70 watts max pep.I understand that this is somewhat commen but i don't think it should be 1.5db down on 10 and 1.5 db up on 75..Also the rx is a bit weak on 15 and 10..Not horrible but not as good as it should be..I have the extender boards and have performed a full alignment cleaned all relay's no issues with them.But still no luck on getting the rx or tx up to snuff on 15-10 meter bands..Have replaced the fet 3sk 51's on the rf & if units as well..I am stumped

Also need instructions for setting the power output ic meter readings foward and reverse power levels..etc..The fine details of a lot of these adjustments are not in the owners manual..Some steps and procedures are missing..

I looked at the manual and those adjustments are detailed in there. You need a good non-reactive 50 ohm dummy load. The proceedure for the IC requires an external ammeter of about 20A. The forward and reverse from the Directional Coupler are adjusted by using the dummy load and putting a carrier out. You would then balance the circuit for minimum indication on the front panel meter when it is selected for reverse. The AFP is probably not one of the adjustments to do. You would need three dummy loads to do this adjustment.
    Prior to doing any adjustments measure the dummy load and make sure it's exactly 50 ohms. Sometimes they are close but not right on. I have one dummy load that is about 62 ohms. That's an SWR of 1.24:1 which is okay for the purposes I use it for.
    In your adjustments you may have to adjust for that actual SWR the dummy load would represent.
    Hope this helps
    Gary

Ship me an email address (none on your QRZ page) and I'll send you the FT107 Tech Supplement.
    It might be of help.

My email is fiftymegs at juno dot com...send me the address to that adress.

73 Doug
    It would really help new amateurs who want to build antennas to find an older copy of the ARRL Antenna book. There are too few explanations and too little data in the current editions. By old I mean say pre-1989. Cruise hamfest tables and Ebay, there are plenty available pretty cheap.