ad: ProAudio-1

6O0CW Somalia

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4L5A, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

2. NM5TF

NM5TF Ham Member QRZ Page

be very careful there.....it was very dangerous when I was there back in 1982
    and has only gotten worse since..

good luck & hope to work them..

73 de Tom NM5TF

3. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes not a very safe place, but hope to work them.

4. W6SDM

W6SDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe someone can enlighten me. What is the controversy with the Somalia DXpedition? I have heard jamming on the DX frequency almost non-stop. I understand the controversy over the Yemen expedition, even though I don't agree that the political dispute should carry over into amateur radio.

As far as Somalia goes, the Italian group that's working the DXpedition should get medals, if not combat pay, for risking their lives in providing an opportunity for the rest of us to work Somalia.

5. W0FM

W0FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

While I'm sure this has occurred before, I don't recall ever seeing something like it.

It seems that another DX group had a DX-pedition planned to Somalia later this year. They were upset that the current group had "back doored" them and are diluting the value of their planned DX-pedition. The DX group that had planned a trip later this year has now cancelled their trip and are refunding donations. And they make no bones about how upset they are.

Terry, WØFM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.