ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper

Default 6O0CW Somalia

Members of Italian DX Pedition Team will be active from Somalia 7-18 May 2012 as 6O0CW
    http://dxing.at-communication.com/en/6o0cw_somalia/
    73 Al 4L5A

be very careful there.....it was very dangerous when I was there back in 1982
    and has only gotten worse since..

good luck & hope to work them..

73 de Tom NM5TF
    Linux Mint 17rc, Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Debian Linux 7.6 Wheezy

Yes not a very safe place, but hope to work them.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Maybe someone can enlighten me. What is the controversy with the Somalia DXpedition? I have heard jamming on the DX frequency almost non-stop. I understand the controversy over the Yemen expedition, even though I don't agree that the political dispute should carry over into amateur radio.

As far as Somalia goes, the Italian group that's working the DXpedition should get medals, if not combat pay, for risking their lives in providing an opportunity for the rest of us to work Somalia.

While I'm sure this has occurred before, I don't recall ever seeing something like it.

It seems that another DX group had a DX-pedition planned to Somalia later this year. They were upset that the current group had "back doored" them and are diluting the value of their planned DX-pedition. The DX group that had planned a trip later this year has now cancelled their trip and are refunding donations. And they make no bones about how upset they are.

Terry, WFM