ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl

Default Want to build a rotatable dipole

I have an old Mosley tri bander that I really don't have room for.. I would like to build a multiband dipole from the traps and elements
    Any info on where to start would be greatly appreciated..
    Thanks
    Bruce
    KC9RJI

Not familiar with the antenna, but does it have a single driven element for all three bands? If so, then the place to start is to simply strip off the director and reflector and start tuning from there.
    [B][COLOR=#008000]vy 73,

Casey, TI2/NA7U
    [/COLOR][URL="http://casimiro.hubpages.com/_QRZForums/hub/What-Can-You-Do-With-Amateur-Radio-The-Skys-The-Limit"]Amateur Radio: The Sky's the Limit![COLOR=#008000][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://casimiro.hubpages.com/_QRZForums/hub/What-Can-You-Do-With-Amateur-Radio-The-Skys-The-Limit"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Usually there's nothing to tune. If it's a Mosley TA-33, for example, they sell that as a rotary dipole as model number TA-31. It's just the driven element from a TA-33.

"Tuning" is accomplished only by adjusting the lengths of the aluminum tubing, which are adjustable by design. All you'd really need is a bracket to mount it on a vertical support mast as opposed to the original horizontal boom. Such brackets are available from DX Engineering and elsewhere. Most Mosley triband traps are 10/15m traps built into a single device on each side of the element. Piece of cake.
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

Which model Mosley tribander?
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

Its the classic 33 and I should have mentioned that I want to keep it rotatable and possibly still cover all three bands.

Just put up the radiator.
    Bill WA8FOZ

I have exactly this (from unknown tri-band yagi) in my attic and it works well. I don't rotate it as it is near the peak of the attic.
    Leroy
    Be sure to listen for my beacon on 28.278.8 MHz

Quote Originally Posted by WA4OTD View Post
    I don't rotate it as it is near the peak of the attic.
    In that case, just rotate the house.