Callsign
ad: HROutlet-2

Thread: Can I connect a Kenwood TH-D7 to Toughbook CF-29 w/built in gps for APRS Tx/Rx???

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov

Default Can I connect a Kenwood TH-D7 to Toughbook CF-29 w/built in gps for APRS Tx/Rx???

Hi newbie here with perhaps a question that's been asked so many times. I have a Kenwood TH-D7 and a Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 w/ built in gps. Can I connect the Kenwood to the laptop and use the setup for both relaying real time position but as well as displaying others on the laptop using an aprs friendly mapping software?

If that's the case, then what type of cable do I need and where do I connect both. On the Kenwood there's both a gps and pc female jack and on the laptop I have both USB and serial port. I also have the Kenwood programming cable that connects to the pc part of the radio and the other to the serial of laptop which allows me to conveniently program the radio. Will that cable suffice or do I need something more specific? Last but not least, any/all detailed instructions and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Henry
    KJ6UHU

I sort of think this is in the wrong forum. In fact, one of the APRS blogs would be a better choice I think.
    Alan Applegate, KBG
    http://www.k0bg.com