Callsign

Thread: K2RHK - Alan H. Rose (Possible Scam)

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov

Default K2RHK - Alan H. Rose (Possible Scam)

Hi:

I am in the market for at Flex-3000 SDR and K2RHK answered my add for one. Everything looked like it was going great until he would not take Paypal and wanted a wire transfer instead. I said I would send him the $$ via Postal route and the mailing address he provided does not match the one in the FCC Database or QRZ.Com. Possibly a scam by someone using his name and callsign, Unfortunately Alan does not provide a email address in his QRZ Page. If anyone knows Alan, have him send me an email etc so I can verify if this is legit. My QRZ Page has my email address. Tnx.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

Mike, VE3YF, is definitely right! This was a scam. Someone hijacked my QRZ.COM account, changed the password and email address, and has been trying to make fraudulent equipment sales through the QRZ.COM Equipment Wanted classifieds. I have restored my correct account login and correct email which is now listed on my page and posted a warning on my page. I've written to the QRZ.COM support staff to ask them to put a scam warning at the top of the Equipment Wanted classifieds. I hope anyone trying to purchase equipment through the classifieds is careful enough to check the page of the purported seller. I am not the only QRZ.COM member who has had this hijacking occur.
    Tnx, Alan, K2RHK.