ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper

Default Pitiful

What a shameful display of stupidity and ignorance going on at 7004 tonite.

Grow up!

Curt
    KU8L

Quote Originally Posted by KU8L View Post
    What a shameful display of stupidity and ignorance going on at 7004 tonite.

Grow up!

Curt
    KU8L
    it happens every night on just about any frequency. people are pretty stupid.
    sorry dude, must have bumped the VFO.

Yeah that plus the DX stations that continually work one area or region while there is a pile calling from other areas without a fair shot, get frustrated and start that nonsense...both are responsible...

Work past the pain.
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to receive."
    -Otto Watt Sept. 5 1925

They call it DXing!!
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by WU0R View Post
    Yeah that plus the DX stations that continually work one area or region while there is a pile calling from other areas without a fair shot, get frustrated and start that nonsense...both are responsible...
    Nope. The lids are fully to blame.

A DXpedition that works one area at a time with propagation does it right. This way everyone gets a fair shot.

Otherwise if they called for "anyone, anywhere" all the time, you know that only one or two areas would get through.

You also have to remember that 7O is #5 on the MWL, and it only dropped down there because the ARRL approved a past operation from 10 years ago. I think it was #2 or #3 before that.

Of course, nothing is fair, and DX is a challenge! Although I think that the malcontents who jam the DX are a bunch of idiots, I also think that if it were easy 100% of the time, there would really be no need to work any stations to get any sort of awards. Might as well just print up the certificates en masse and insert them in QST so everyone gets one.

Quote Originally Posted by N2RJ View Post
    Nope. The lids are fully to blame.

A DXpedition that works one area at a time with propagation does it right. This way everyone gets a fair shot.

Otherwise if they called for "anyone, anywhere" all the time, you know that only one or two areas would get through.

You also have to remember that 7O is #5 on the MWL, and it only dropped down there because the ARRL approved a past operation from 10 years ago. I think it was #2 or #3 before that.

Of course, nothing is fair, and DX is a challenge! Although I think that the malcontents who jam the DX are a bunch of idiots, I also think that if it were easy 100% of the time, there would really be no need to work any stations to get any sort of awards. Might as well just print up the certificates en masse and insert them in QST so everyone gets one.
    This is correct.
    Just because you can hear them doesn't mean they can hear you.
    It's called propagation.
    Some people just don't get it.
    I guarantee the Yemen ops did extensive propagation analysis before they left and decided based on that which areas of the world to work each part of the day.
    I can also guarantee that there will times of the day on each band when the guys in Yemen can't hear North America.
    Grousing about the DX not calling your particular area of the world is ridiculous.

Of course if someone has been a perfect jackass in and around the pileup, sometimes that will guarantee you get called last or not at all.
    Last edited by AC0H; 05-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    ACōH,
    Member ARRL, SKCC #215, NAQCC #3441, FISTS #11993

Quote Originally Posted by AC0H View Post
    This is correct.
    Just because you can hear them doesn't mean they can hear you.
    It's called propagation.
    Well, not only that... just because one area can hear them 59+20, it doesn't mean that they have to work your area. Some areas have limited propagation and when you're hearing them 59+20, some other area may just get s2-s3 for a couple hours or less, so they should be allowed to get a chance to work them.

For the left coast...our sunset and their sunrise are almost a perfect match. Does that give you any ideas?

Bill
    Member: Backyard Engineering Group

First day around 2z 7O6T (Yemen SRT) had here booming signal on 20 meters, but work US only . It good chance for North Americans - 7O6T team know well what is best time for outside Europe QSOs.
    ...like say Bobby McFerrin "Donít Worry, Be Happy"...
    73, Vlad - W7/UA6JD

Custom Page Design Service

Free for Platinum & Life Members