ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

Default Need way to do partial ADIF download by date range

I use QRZ as my logbook real time when making contacts. I use eQSL later for QSLs. Problem is my existing eQSL records don't precisely match my QRZ log. When I upload my QRZ ADIF file to eQSL I end up with lots of duplicate entries (off by one or two minutes in time) that I have to delete manually one at a time.

What I need to be able to do is download a partial ADIF from QRZ with just contacts for most recent month or week instead of the entire log.

Will that ever be possible or is there a work around?

Whenever a download is made it consists of your entire log (of outgoiing entries). Unless the object receiving an upload has the ability to eliminate duplicates, duplicates will be produced. A significant new revison to the Logbook is still under develpment but not nearing completion. It may address this issue. In the meantime, here is a suggestion.

While theoretically you can edit the downloaded ADIF file with any text editor (WordPad, etc.), it is too complex to do easily. You might be better off converting the ADIF file to an Excel spreadsheet, then work on the spreadsheet to sort and extract the target records while deleting the remainder, then reconvert the sheet to ADIF. There are ADIF to Excel to ADIF converters available on the web, Google "ADIF to Excel". I use one from Germany.

If you are not familiar with ADIF protocol, refer to: www.adif.org

Thanks for the response and the suggestion!

What you describe would work but the down side for me is I would need to buy MS Office and learn to use Excel. If there is a logging program that would allow me to import my QRZ ADIF then export a date range to an ADIF or easily delete multiple records at once I could accomplish the same thing. Otherwise I guess I'll have to start using a logger program then uploading my file once a month then deleting the adif from the logger. Seems like there must be an easier way.

I use "ADIF Master" After I download my log from QRZ.com, I open it filtered by date range then save as a new file. That way there are no dupes when I upload to eQSL and and LoTW. http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html

Quote Originally Posted by W7TX View Post
    I use "ADIF Master" After I download my log from QRZ.com, I open it filtered by date range then save as a new file. That way there are no dupes when I upload to eQSL and and LoTW. http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html
    Tried it; this freeware is an excellent choice. Thanks for the tip.