ad: elecraft

Special Event : USS WILLIAMSBURG back "ON AIR" !

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by IW4CLV, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. IW4CLV

IW4CLV Ham Member QRZ Page

A. R. I.
    ITALIAN AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION

A.R.I. Fidenza RADIO CLUB - IQ4FE

P.O. Box 66 - 43036 Fidenza (Parma) - ITALY
    http://www.arifidenza.it

NJ2BB “Museum Ships Weekend Event” 2012
    “USS Williamsburg” will participate from Italy
    with special Amateur Radio call – 2 and 3 June 2012

120905601.jpg

A.R.I. Fidenza Radio Club ( A.R.I. affiliated , Italian Association of Radio Amateurs) of Fidenza (PR), Italy (JN54BU), will realize a technical and cultural event in the locality of La Spezia, Italy, JN44WC, in the days of 2 and 3 June 2012.

The event is intended to highlight internationally the historical value of the United States Presidential yacht "USS Williamsburg" which was used by Presidents Truman and Eisenhower and currently stationed in appalling conditions at a shipyard in La Spezia , Italy . The historical Events the Ship witnessed and the fact that now it threatens the demolition led us to plan an event to raise awareness about its dramatic, undeserved situation.

For this reason, in conjunction with the international contest "Museum Ships Weekend Event", the operators of ARI Fidenza Radio Club make operating a radio station nearby the Vessel to bring ideally "his voice" throughout
    all the world.

This will be a special, unique event : in fact, the participation to the Museum Ships Weekend Event
    is granted only for 2012 edition.
    A special QSL Card will be made for Qso with the special callsign (to be advised as soon as possible).

The contest "Museum Ships Weekend Event ' is an international competition organized by the “ Battleship New Jersey Amateur Radio Station NJ2BB ", ARRL affiliated . The event occurs every year and aims to enable worldwide radio stations on board or nearby naval military museum units (or units in state of pending musealization: in this case a special dispensation is granted, as in our case).
    The particularity of the contest is therefore that, in addition to the purely competition related to the contest itself, the boats are ideally "revived", even only for a weekend, and it is so stressed the value of their
    human and technological history .

A great event that will combine the technical-amateur activity with the wider "historical-cultural" aspect, in perfect harmony with the "Amateur Radio Mission" which is essentially an educational and research activity aimed to bringing this brotherhood to peoples and nations beyond the barriers of languages, races, religions.

For more information and contacts you can refer to our website : http://www.arifidenza.it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.