ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Simplified method for calculating mystery crystal radio coil

Full details of my method for calculating your own coils and an explanation file are on

http://makearadio.com/tech/index.php

As

Nick Strong's (G0CWA) Mystery coil spreadsheet nick-mystery.xlxs and the explanations file nick-mystery-coil-calcs.docx.

Hope this is of use to you all

73 for now Nick G0CWA

File problems

Hi All

Sorry about file problems, I saved origional files in excel 2007 and word 2007 format, it is a simple matter for me to save in earlier versions if you are having problems. If you need in any other format contact me directly via e-mail with required format and I will try to convert and send back to you directly.

To err is but human but to louse things up comletely takes a computer!

73 and bye for now Nick G0CWA

Hi Nick.
    Isn't it great that we have computers. Got to have something to blame. My computer makes typing mistakes all the time and I don't trust it to balance my checkbook.
    This will come in handy when you need to make a new plate choke or tuned circuit that can no longer be obtained. just make your own!
    Gary

Hi again Gary,
    I still prefer my guessing stick (slide rule) the batteries don't go flat for a start! Glad you liked sheet I find it very useful.
    Nick

I know that many an amateur began with a crystal radio. It was magic, you got to listen to radio with no power. It was neat, sort of. The problem was the darn thing picked up more than one station at a time. Selectivity was not an important consideration with something so simple but to me, I wanted to be able to separate the stations. When I was a kid doing these things the internet didn't exist and information was around on different things to try. None of those so called improvements made any difference, you still got multiple stations and it didn't sound any different.
    If I had access to the mystery crystal radio information I would have tried it.
    73 Nick
    Gary