Callsign

Thread: Programming Bands on the Kenwood TMV-71A...HELP!

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Programming Bands on the Kenwood TMV-71A...HELP!

I recently bought a Kenwood TMV-71A dual-band mobile transceiver, and I need some advice on how to program the two (VHF/UHF) bands, using Kenwood's programming software.

My problem is this: I can't figure out how to "split" the bands up. I would like to have my VHF presets on the left side (Band A), and my UHF presets on the right side (Band B). The manual is unclear on how to do this (in my opinion), and the Help pages in the programming software aren't much help, either.

If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate them very much! Thanks, and 73!

Timothy Goodrich
    N5ASH

Assuming I am understanding your question correctly there is no way to do this. The V71a shares the channels between both sides of the radio. For example if I put 146.520 in memory 1 on the radio I could access it from either the A or B side of the radio. As a solution to what you want to do you could put all 2M frequencies in memories 1-99 and all your 70cm frequencies in memories 100-199. Then on side A tune it to the 2 meter frequencies then push and hold the Tuning control nob until it starts to scan (It will only scan through those first 99 memories) then on side B do the exact same thing only with your 70cm frequencies.

Now since i'm not the best at wording things, the user manual explains what I just told you on page 45 Under "Group Scan"

Hope this helps! Sorry If I'm completely misunderstanding your question!

Thanks for the reply! You understood my question perfectly, and your explaination is a LOT easier to understand than the manual! I will give your suggestions a try. Thanks again, and 73!

N5ASH
    "That's why God made the Radio."