Callsign
ad: fan-nan
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RFinder for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod has been released!!!

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper

Got my three 9's, no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by N4FNB View Post
    Bob,

Sorry, I guess I started this anti-capitalist movement on your product when I posted that $9.99 was not a bad price. People use to refer to some anti-capitalist as communist but some only know of them in the history books. If you like a product, tell the seller and thank him for giving you an opportunity to buy it. If you don't think he should be able to offer it for sell, don't buy it, but don't slam him because it is yet to be an entitlement from the Federal government. All entitlements are paid for by someone not receiving them. If you pay for it, then it is not an entitlement. VA benefits are not entitlements, they are well earned. Social security we pay for each month we work. To "draw a check", .... don't bite the hand that feeds you. The only reason to be upset with Bob about this product is that I did not think about doing it first. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to purchase your product. God bless free enterprise.
    Thanks, man...you are right on re the entitlements...its the undoing of the WORLD. And thanks for the kind words...G-d bless America!

73's
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by N6OIL View Post
    Got my three 9's, no regrets.
    Ken...Nicola's lab was in Rocky Point, the next town over...I'm a fan too...

Thanks for your support!!!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by KC2GYU View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, but whenever I renew my ARRL membership at Dayton, as I do every year, they give me a free "gift" and I usually opt for the pocket repeater guide.
    GPS capabilities are mainly what interests me in this app.
    I've got great news! Get RFinder and you can get one of the OTHER "free gifts"!!!!

I know...you thought I saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico...i didn't...

I bought it and its a peice of crap! I deleted it back off my android phone for some reason it drain my battery I did a uninstall and presto battery not draining now.
    Steve Baker Sr. KB9HGI
    Echolink Node# 376163
    KB9HGI-L 147.555 T 103.5
    KB9HGI's Ham Shack:
    [url]http://www.qsl.net/kb9hgi[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by KB9HGI View Post
    I bought it and its a peice of crap! I deleted it back off my android phone for some reason it drain my battery I did a uninstall and presto battery not draining now.
    Stevie...

Not likely the app. I never got a support request from you on this. The app is passive, fyi except for allowing the phone to update the location in the header (either from GPS or Cell Tower location) and the recalculating the grid square from that...in otw a whole lot of nuthin. And it'd have to be open.

You are entitled to your opinion, but calling my work a piece of crap in public just isn't very nice. Especially since you didn't ask for support before formulating your opinion. Thousands of other users would disagree. How would you like it if I called you names in public or insulted your website or shack? People would think I was a some kind of a maroon! Besides, you are using faulty logic....

Sheesh...now down to business....

Couple things...

I see you first installed an early version on an android back on 4/6/2011. (You were one of our first users! Thanks!)
    We were updating fast and furious back then...bug fixes and adding functions like crazy.
    I see you upgraded on 4/7/11 and 4/14/11 but didn't referesh your phone's data until 10/12/11. The system gave you no data as your version was so out of date it was not serviceable and told you onscreen to upgrade in The Market. The system emailed you after your fourth attempt (we assume that you missed the notification on the screen to upgrade and shoot out a notification via email). In all you attempted to update the phone's database 8 times on 10/12/11.
    Then on 3/15/12 you finally upgraded and got data. You queried the following:
    Just east of Denver got 230 machines
    Southwest coast of UK got 12 machines
    NW of Saint Louie 2X got 89 machines

Could you please email bobg@w2cyk.net the following?:

1. Phone Model
    2. From serttings->About phone the Android version information
    3. Was the 10/12/11 incident on a new phone?
    4. At what point did you notice the battery consumpton issue? April, October or March this year?
    5. Were you using cell tower or satellite location services
    6. What do you normally leave up on your phone for wireless stuff...ie bluetooth, wifi, GPS
    7. Your screen settings...Auto or a percent and what is that percent (I normally leave fixed 30% and raise it if I need it...makes a big dif)
    8. Look around in your settings...many newer phones have a function to see what is using battery and what percentage by app. Reset the stats if it has that function and reinstall...use RFinder a couple times and after a day check the battery usage by app. If you phone doesn't have that there are free apps that do...have a look in the market

Like I said shoot me an email with the above I will try to help you...with your phone...its not the app.

73's

You can always call me...516.807.0697

Bob
    Last edited by W2CYK; 05-02-2012 at 10:31 AM.

HOWDY... I purchased the subscription, but don't see where to register. E-mail confirmation arrived for Paypal, but there is no password info.

Quote Originally Posted by W2CYK View Post
    Stevie...

Not likely the app. I never got a support request from you on this. The app is passive, fyi except for allowing the phone to update the location in the header (either from GPS or Cell Tower location) and the recalculating the grid square from that...in otw a whole lot of nuthin. And it'd have to be open.

You are entitled to your opinion, but calling my work a piece of crap in public just isn't very nice. Especially since you didn't ask for support before formulating your opinion. Thousands of other users would disagree. How would you like it if I called you names in public or insulted your website or shack? People would think I was a some kind of a maroon! Besides, you are using faulty logic....

Sheesh...now down to business....

Couple things...

Etc, Etc, Etc...
    Bob,

An excellent response. There will always be those that...well anyway, someone gave me a penny, so here are my thoughts.

The App, it's simplicity of use and accuracy of data all speak to the superior quality of your work. You need not defend it. Yes, most of the data might be accessible through a search engine...though it may take a while to define a search that provides the level of detail your App provides with but a few keystrokes.

I won't go near the matter of cost for the App, that would engender far to much flaming.

Keep up the good work.

N6MEJ/Jerry
    From my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by N6MEJ View Post
    Bob,

An excellent response. There will always be those that...well anyway, someone gave me a penny, so here are my thoughts.

The App, it's simplicity of use and accuracy of data all speak to the superior quality of your work. You need not defend it. Yes, most of the data might be accessible through a search engine...though it may take a while to define a search that provides the level of detail your App provides with but a few keystrokes.

I won't go near the matter of cost for the App, that would engender far to much flaming.

Keep up the good work.

N6MEJ/Jerry
    From my iPhone
    TX Jerry...I get thank you letters every day...from all over the world...some great stories too about how this or that...I'm glad you like it! Please put some feedback in the app store!

88's

Bob

Dose it work on ipod touch 3rd gen ? as i have seen it on itunes for 6.99 GB Pounds

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast