ad: elecraft

WA1SMI, Bob Isaacs

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by NS0G, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NS0G

NS0G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got the news that my old friend Bob went SK. The amateur radio community has lost a very valuable member. I met Bob in 1975 when I first moved to Massachusetts. He and Charlie Schwartz (prev call WA3TXR, later bdecame a K1? call), also SK, were my mentors to got me into amateur radio. I guess you could call him my elmer. He got me into Army MARS and he became the State Director in about 1991. He wanted me to be his deputy but I had just been reassigned to Virginia and had to decline. He was a lifetime member of ARRL. 73s Bob, CUL. DE Jack, K4FRU.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences, God Comfort you in your time of loss.

Isaacs, Robert S. 81, of Ayer passed away on Sunday April 22, 2012 from complications due to a stroke. Born in Cambridge, MA to Clement and Ruth Isaacs, Robert was a bright student who upon graduating from Boston Tech Joined the Army where he worked his way up and retired with distinction as a Sergeant Major in the Army Security Agency. His military career included postings in Korea and Germany. He later worked as an Electrical Engineer at the Honeywell Corp.

Held in loving memory by those who survive him, they include his daughter Loretta (Tyronne) Forrest of Philadelphia, PA, his sister Mrs. Esther (Jim) Knudson of Cambridge, MA, and a host of grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Mr. Isaacs was preceded in death by his parents, his brother, William and his sister Mrs. Erline Shearer and Mrs. Ruth Irving of Dorchester, MA.

A devoted 33rd degree mason, his life will be celebrated in a Masonic Service Thursday, April 26, 2012 Wake from 6 to 7 PM followed by Service at 7:O'clock at Prince Hall Masonic Temple, 24 Washington Street, Dorchester, MA with military burial on Friday, April 27, 2012 at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Mattapan, MA at 11:00 AM

Funeral Arrangements entrusted to Riley Funeral Home, 171 Humboldt Ave., Dorchester, MA 02121

Family will gather at the funeral home at 10:30 Am on Friday, April 27, 2012 prior to burial.

http://www.rileyantoinefuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=169860

wa1smi.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.