ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG

Absolutely great Fred, thank you soooooo much.

Thanks for the app !
    For those asking about using it on the Kindle Fire, I just sideloaded it onto my daughter's Kindle fire and it works just fine.

Perhaps Fred would consider posting the .apk file someplace on QRZ.com ? If the file were available on a web server, it could be downloaded and installed on the Fire. The only change required on the Fire is to first go into Settings..Device, and enable "Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources". Then you can just download the .apk with the standard browser on the Fire and click the downloaded file in the Notifications pulldown.

I was able to get the .apk by installing the app on my Android phone, backing it up with the free Astro file manager, and copying it to the web server on my internal network.

I'm not going to post the .apk...if Fred wishes to do so, it's his program. Just wanted to let you know that the app does in fact work FB on the Fire.

WARNING - It can be a Very Bad Idea to download and install .apk files from random, untrusted sources. It's extremely easy for nasty people to take a legitimate .apk file, insert malware into it, and republish it. For that reason, I would avoid the many 'download sites' that purport to publish .apk files. The vast majority of 'Android Malware' you read about is spread that way. That's why I encourage developers to publish them on their own websites.

By the way, you might be able to use the same technique to make the app work on other Android devices that won't install it from the Google Play store...depends on the device.
    73 de W0ZF

5504 Laguna Park Drive, Elk Grove, CA, 95758

That is absolutely the coolest thing I have seen on the market yet! works perfectly on my HTC Thunderbolt! Thanks again for the great app!

Until it can be moved to SD card I won't be using it.
    Danny NG9R

Quote Originally Posted by NG9R View Post
    Until it can be moved to SD card I won't be using it.
    QRZ doesn't set that policy (i.e moving to the SD card). I don't know the reason for it but can say that we would have no objection to users doing so.

Is your phone out of memory? What is the reason that you insist on SD card storage for the app?
    Fred Lloyd, AA7BQ
    Publisher, QRZ.COM
    aa7bq@qrz.com

Need QRZ Help? Click Here

Works fine on my Motorola Droid 3.

Thanks, Fred!
    73, Ron KR2D

Waiting for Apple version AT&T
    N0OHX
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by N0OHX View Post
    Waiting for Apple version AT&T
    N0OHX
    Carlos
    Carlos, if you read a couple pages back you will see my post on why it is easier and more economical to develop for android rather than apple. I have invested over 1500 in my own money to develop apps for ios. The average person to develop for android and spend under 500.
    http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member14725.png

I refuse to take out my picture line as I think it is hogwash that text is only allowed.

W4AFB Guest

I cant get the app up on my phone.

HTC 515M OK

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast