ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Default FTdx401 to Heathkit SB200

I have been looking at the manuals for my FTdx401 and my Heathkit SB200 and unless I am missing something there is no information in the FTdx manual for interfacing the rig to an amp. I know that the RF output has to go to the RF In on the amp but I don't see anywhere for the ALC and Relay connections on the radio. Are they on one of the multi pin connectors on the back of the radio? If so, does anyone know which pins?

73,Paul
    VE1PEW
    [CENTER][FONT=arial black][COLOR=#ff0000]Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children.[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Okay the relay to key the amplifier is in the Accessory socket. The ground is pin 8 and the relay that closes on transmit is on pin 9. If you want to hook up the ALC it's on pin 7. This is on page 12 of the manual. You can get it here; http://www.k7jrl.com/pub/manuals/yae...-2/ftdx401.pdf.
    Hope this helps
    Gary

Thank You, I see it in there now. I guess I was expecting something billboard sized in neon lights. Now I just need to get to work making up a cable to interface the amp to the radio and see how everything works.

73,Paul
    VE1PEW
    [CENTER][FONT=arial black][COLOR=#ff0000]Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children.[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

I got the interface cable made up this afternoon and set up the tranceiver and amp. Full output from the amp with about 80w in. I am doubting my meter a bit since it is showing close to 1kw and I thought this amp should put out about 700w or so.

73,Paul
    VE1PEW