ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters

One of the guys in our DX club just couldn't stand it anymore and ORDERED his FTdx5000! He will sure be happy until the BILL comes in for it! I could do that too! Just go to HRO, put down one of my many dozen Plastic cards, and out of the store I would walk with a new radio in hand. But, a month later, the BILL would arrive. PAY IN FULL, or pay SERIOUS INTEREST!!! So I make a $20 payment, and the NEXT month, that $6K might be towards $7K! Each month the bill grows fatter and fatter. By the end of the year, I coulda bought TWO radios for what I owe on that ONE!

So, I can't get it UNTIL I have every cent I need IN THE BANK! I won't PAY any Interest!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    One of the guys in our DX club just couldn't stand it anymore and ORDERED his FTdx5000! He will sure be happy until the BILL comes in for it! I could do that too! Just go to HRO, put down one of my many dozen Plastic cards, and out of the store I would walk with a new radio in hand. But, a month later, the BILL would arrive. PAY IN FULL, or pay SERIOUS INTEREST!!! So I make a $20 payment, and the NEXT month, that $6K might be towards $7K! Each month the bill grows fatter and fatter. By the end of the year, I coulda bought TWO radios for what I owe on that ONE!

So, I can't get it UNTIL I have every cent I need IN THE BANK! I won't PAY any Interest!
    creditcard companies realy rip you off like that overthere? I pay 1.2% per month max, still a lot but no where near 100% per year.
    Offcourse that 1.2% per month is enough to prevent me from using a creditcard to buy something I don't realy need.
    73 de Andre PE1RDW
    Proud holder of Winlink 2000 ban and DARES ban, both for questioning legality of actions

I would assume all Yaesu Ftdx5000 radios are the same way.

When I read the title to this thread I thought to myself what have I done ( I just bought the FTdx5000mp about a week ago ), then read the first few posts, nearly tripped running over to the shack to see if it was spelled correctly on mine ( it was, not sure if I am relieved or disappointed ).

I wouldn't have bought the mp, but when I asked the salesman to explain the difference between the three models, he added that he had one mp that had been returned, unopened, that he could sell me for less than the already discounted price of the base model. I couldn't resist.

My first rig was built from a kit ( HR-10 and DX-60 (1963 )). My last rig was a Drake R4C and T4XC ( 1981 ). This one ( Yaesu ) I'm almost afraid to turn on, it is so much more complicated. You mean it tunes itself????? What do I get to do???
    73, Peter, N4UP

So op. You're going to miss out, and be bummed over a radio you desire SOOO BAD, over a poorly (read super fast built) pre-release model's photo?

I'm not sure if you're being a complete idiot and complaining over nothing. Or a complete idiot looking for a soap box to stand on. Jebus forbid, you go and actually look, touch, play with the knobs, on something you want to plunk down some hard earned change over. Then just go off of a photo.

THIS folks, is why we SHOULD support our brick and mortar stores.
    "[I]Keep the Amateur in Amateur Radio. Keep the professionals and Part 90 out[/I]." Ed Brooks, W5HTW (SK)

[B][SIZE=3]If you can't make fun of yourself, go sit in the truck :cool: - W5WPL[/SIZE][/B]

I am just astonished that some can drop SIX THOUSAND BUCKS in this Economy! I get squeamish spending $50!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

I hear ya there. Hell I had to scrape the barrel to get the $350 I spent on my radio.
    "[I]Keep the Amateur in Amateur Radio. Keep the professionals and Part 90 out[/I]." Ed Brooks, W5HTW (SK)

[B][SIZE=3]If you can't make fun of yourself, go sit in the truck :cool: - W5WPL[/SIZE][/B]

license.jpg

Just like amateur radio licenses in Cracker Jack boxes, FT5000's will soon be included in all cereal boxes.

Tom KCW

Quote Originally Posted by KI6ZIF View Post
    So op. You're going to miss out, and be bummed over a radio you desire SOOO BAD, over a poorly (read super fast built) pre-release model's photo?

I'm not sure if you're being a complete idiot and complaining over nothing. Or a complete idiot looking for a soap box to stand on. Jebus forbid, you go and actually look, touch, play with the knobs, on something you want to plunk down some hard earned change over. Then just go off of a photo.

THIS folks, is why we SHOULD support our brick and mortar stores.
    Someone can't take a joke....... Please go back and re read my post in its entirety before posting such comments. Especially about the brick-and-mortar stores. If in the end you fail to see the humor and irony, and your opinion remains, please know that I harbor no hard feelings. You are 100% entitled to your opinion, sir. But please, show a little respect and class.
    73 de Calvin
    [SIZE=1]QTH: San Diego County[/SIZE]

「能ある鷹は爪を隠す」

Quote Originally Posted by KC0W View Post
    Just like amateur radio licenses in Cracker Jack boxes, FT5000's will soon be included in all cereal boxes.
    Well, if you get your corn flakes at the warehouse club, you'll get five boxes at a time. Five Yaesus. But you'll have to buy 1,000,000 Sweet 'n' Low packages at the same time to qualify

73, Jordan

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast