Callsign
ad: SteppIR-1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your least favorite shack chore?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

SanDiego, People's Republic of California FEMA District 9

Duse is also on my short list of least favorite jobs....

And there always seems to be that small pile of tools and odds and ends that never go away.
    When it's time, it's time, and it maybe sooner than you think.

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

Quote Originally Posted by AF6LJ View Post
    Climbing the tree in the back yard to work on the antenna.

I'm getting too fat for that.........
    I'm sure the tree appreciates that.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

SanDiego, People's Republic of California FEMA District 9

Quote Originally Posted by K8ERV View Post
    I'm sure the tree appreciates that.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo
    it moans and groans every time I have to climb up in it.
    I have to do it again this year......
    When it's time, it's time, and it maybe sooner than you think.

MY shack looks like someone took the room and SHOOK IT UP! An Earthquake could do no more damage to it than has already been done! Especially the floor, where there are countless papers, debris and Junk making it impossible to see any of the floor tiles. To sit in the shack chair, I hafta kick the debris aside to find a place for my feet.

So my least favorite shack chore is cleaning it up. Sometimes I get a WILD HAIR up my *** and actually spend some time with a garbage sack picking up the debris. But usually that is TOO MUCH WORK and takes away time that I could be spent scanning the bands for rare DX! Anyway, If I try and clean it up, the CATS will just trash it again!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

Quote Originally Posted by N4UM View Post
    Just plain finding something in the inevitible mess that occurs. Crap piled on top of equipment and the desk. Half used sheets of paper scattered everywhere with notes and reminders on them. Books, magazines, manuals where they don't belong. Pens that are out of ink, pencils with broken points, bent paper clips,notes taped to the walls and filing cabinet. Miscellaneous tools, hardware, razor blades, QSL cards, flash drives, notepads, logbooks, country lists, keys, trackball, HT's, earphones, microphones etc. etc. As George Carlin would have said...Too damn much disorganized stuff!
    I don't remember you visiting my shack. I musta been asleep.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Running coax, power cords, interconnections what a rats nest I can't keep it straight always adding and selling equipment. Then like others dust because I like the window open in front of my radios.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Mine is typing in my info to reply to E-QSLs. I am not good with computers and keyboards !
    Have to flip pages in the logbook to verify I have this QSO logged and then type in a reply.
    About all I use the computer for is E-mail, E-QSL and real time lightning map to see if 80 and 160M will be any good.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer

climbing the roof to work on antennas
    "If it aint broke don't fix it. "If you can't fix it get a bigger hammer."

73,Tom

My shack is over my mechanical shop. The goal is to keep all things "shop" out of the shack. At the top of the stairs coming up is a "decon" station. No shoes past this point. It looks pretty good, but I hate all the vacuuming and dusting that I have to do to keep it where I like. Radio, tower, electrical, I love all of that, it's the dusting and cleaning that gets to me. Right now there is some kind of streak across my computer screen, I have to get rid of that...at least I can hear the Motley Group.

Quote Originally Posted by N0AZZ View Post
    Running coax, power cords, interconnections what a rats nest I can't keep it straight always adding and selling equipment. Then like others dust because I like the window open in front of my radios.
    I have similar problems, although I don't have an open window next to the radios. When I clean the shack, it usually entails disassembling everything, clearing off the desk, realigning coax, power cords, etc, and reinstalling the equipment. Before the equipment goes back, it gets dusted off and cleaned. Sometimes inside and out. This usually takes a whole afternoon, and into the evening.
    [IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/kc7riy/operator2.jpg[/IMG]
    [QUOTE]"America's quiet warriors are the legion of ham radio operators, 700,000 of them, who are always at ready for backup duty in emergencies amateur, unpaid, uncelebrated, civilian radio operators, during and after floods and fires and tornadoes. After the 9/11 attacks, hams were indispensable in reuniting friends and families. Most recently it was they who expedited the search for debris after the Columbia Explosion , and right now, at this moment, they are involved in homeland security to a greater degree than you would want me to make public."[/QUOTE][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][B]

[COLOR=#000080]Paul Harvey[/COLOR] News and Comment, ABC Radio, March 19, 2003 [/B][/FONT][/FONT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast