ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters

Default HK0NA

In the Spring edition of the Northern California Dx Foundation newsletter, is an 8-page (pdf) story on Malpelo/HK0NA
    73, Vlad - W7/UA6JD

Custom Page Design Service

Free for Platinum & Life Members

Yes I received mine also enjoyed reading it and passed it on to several of my DX friends in my club. This is one club that I'm proud to support individually as well as my regional DXCC/CC Club.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Thanks HK3W for info about video CampA link

73, Vlad - W7/UA6JD

They had the HK0NA story at the Sunday morning Breakfast at the Visalia DX Convention last weekend. Program was by Bob, K4UEE, the expedition leader. There were 2 stations operational on this rock, one about 1/2 way up the steep mountain, and one at the very top. The lower station was completely blocked to most of the US, which I why I rarely heard them. But the tippy top station had a great sig to the West Coast and that was my only contact. You have to see the program to imagine how HARD it was to get there. A real MOUNTAIN CLIMB, in 100+ degree heat, loads of crabby CRABS nipping at their ankles the whole time and just incredible STRAIN to get it up there!

I don't know why they didn't use a Helicopter to get the stuff to the top. Next time someone goes there, a Helicopter should be a MUST!

Supposedly, the whole team will be at Dayton to put on the show again, so this is a MUST SEE for all the DXers to experience what the team had to go through to give them a QSO!

Don't know WHEN the cards are coming out. I have one contact on 20 SSB with them, which duplicates a contact I had way back when with the last DXpedition there, HK0TU. But it was exciting nevertheless. The cards are going to be beautiful, we saw a preview of those too.
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    Don't know WHEN the cards are coming out.
    .................................................. .........
    ...will coming soon
    73, Vlad - W7/UA6JD

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    They had the HK0NA story at the Sunday morning Breakfast at the Visalia DX Convention last weekend. Program was by Bob, K4UEE, the expedition leader. There were 2 stations operational on this rock, one about 1/2 way up the steep mountain, and one at the very top. The lower station was completely blocked to most of the US, which I why I rarely heard them. But the tippy top station had a great sig to the West Coast and that was my only contact. You have to see the program to imagine how HARD it was to get there. A real MOUNTAIN CLIMB, in 100+ degree heat, loads of crabby CRABS nipping at their ankles the whole time and just incredible STRAIN to get it up there!

I don't know why they didn't use a Helicopter to get the stuff to the top. Next time someone goes there, a Helicopter should be a MUST!

Supposedly, the whole team will be at Dayton to put on the show again, so this is a MUST SEE for all the DXers to experience what the team had to go through to give them a QSO!

Don't know WHEN the cards are coming out. I have one contact on 20 SSB with them, which duplicates a contact I had way back when with the last DXpedition there, HK0TU. But it was exciting nevertheless. The cards are going to be beautiful, we saw a preview of those too.
    Any DXpedition led by K4UEE is well planned and executed. No stones are left unturned. We saw a presentation at the Apr 19th SEDXC meeting by another one of our members who was on the HKNA DXpedition. Using a helicopter was bought up when we were asked if we had any questions. That certainly would have made things easier, but they were told from the beginning that no helicopters were allowed. The Colombian government doesn't want to disturb the boobies (bird types :-)) or other wildlife. They were told if a medical emergency occurred a helicopter would be sent, otherwise things had to be done the hard way.
    73, Hal K4HB
    http://www.k4hb.com * http://www.k4hb.com/postage

My HK0NA card arrived today. Very nice.

My card arrived today too. I requested it via OQRS.

Default HK0NA

I received the paper qsl the other day so thought I would check LOTW and sure enough confirmed on 20.17/12/15/10 CW & Phone but not credited for DXCC on any bands. Has this dxpedition not been approved for credit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast