ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Default Flagged?

I have a contact in my log that's flagged as waiting for a response from the other station. This was a log entry they sent to me, I looked it over, corrected my power level and confirmed the contact. Instead of showing as confirmed though, it changed to a blue "flagged" marker. Now, every time I visit my logbook I get a reminder that I have "1 contact awaiting your confirmation" and it's bugging the heck out of me. It's not waiting for my confirmation, it's waiting for the other station, so why do I have to keep seeing that reminder?

You can delete and re-enter the record. The flag will be gone but you will still need to wait for the other party to confirm it.

I suppose I could, but for some strange reason that seems "wrong" to me, since it's a contact sent to me, not from me.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ4VOV View Post
    I suppose I could, but for some strange reason that seems "wrong" to me, since it's a contact sent to me, not from me.
    As it is not possible to edit a Confirmed record, the record that you had edited and became flagged had yet to be confirmed. By editing it, a flag was set to advise the party that you had made a change and thus were seeking agreement with it.

You seek a way to remove the flag from your logbook. There are two ways, wait the party receiving your edit to confirm the QSO or remove the flagged record from your logbook and replace it with an outgoing correct version. Either way, you will need to wait for confirmation by the party you have worked; in both ways the worked party is notified so take your choice.

You may not prefer either way but they are accomplish the same thing and are the only choices available.

Actually, I'm not trying to remove the flag at all. I'm just trying to get the logbook to stop notifying me that I have a contact to confirm when I don't. The sender is the one who needs to confirm at this point, not me. And, since it's now been several weeks, it looks like they aren't going to. I wonder if that's because the notifications are going to the wrong person?

In the next version of the QRZ Logbook system, still under development, the back and forth flagging system is eliminated. A Logbook user will have total control over its records.

Any idea when that might be ready?