ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Kenwood TS-480SAT to Yaesu FL-2100F

I can't find my wiring diagrams so all help is appreciated.

I'm hooking up my TS-480 to my FL-2100F so I need to know what pins on the TS-480 go to which posts on the back of the FL-2100F.

On the back of the FL-2100F there are 4 screws and they are marked as shown below

E ALC E RY

I know about setting menu #28 so I only need to know which pins from the radio go to which posts on the back of the amp.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Senior Database Administrator/DX Help Desk Administrator

I totally forgot the USA Kenwood site doesn't work for downloading, still. I did find the user manual at; http://www.nodevice.com/user_manual/...ad_346020.html. You would use the REMOTE connector and hook up to pins 2 and 4. Pin 2 is common. The information is on page 77 of the manual.
    The terminal on the amplifier the one labelled RY is the one that connects to pin 4 of the REMOTE connector. The terminals marked E are ground. That one would be connected to pin 2 of the REMOTE connector. If you want to connect the ALC then that terminal will go to the REMOTE connector pin 6 and the E terminal is connected to the metal cover of the connector. Most do not connect the ALC, just use lower drive that will make the amplifier operate properly.
    Hope this helps
    Gary
    Last edited by KO6WB; 04-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Gary,

Thank you for the info but a while ago I found the info and I wired everything up and it is working just fine. I have been living at this QTH for 3 years next month and it took until being totally bored today to sit down, figure it out, wire it up and get it running.

Thank you again.

THIS THREAD IS BEING CLOSED
    Senior Database Administrator/DX Help Desk Administrator