ad: MLSons-1

Ham Radio Deluxe v5.20 Release Announcement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Tampa FL, St. Paul MN, Pittsburgh PA – April 13, 2012
    HRD Software, LLC announces the release of Ham Radio Deluxe 5.20.0.7. This is the 3rd release of software since W4PC, WA9PIE and K0CHB acquired the rights in November of 2011.

Erik Gawtry KC0WWC and Rick Ruhl W4PC have been coding in tandem for the past few weeks and have created this version with more fixes and some new beta features which will be in version 6. This version 5.20 includes the beta for a contesting interface, a Cabrillo export and support for the Ten-Tec Eagle.

Rick Ruhl, W4PC, said, “We decided to add the new features to give the users a taste of what we’re going to do in 6.0. 6.0 will have many new features which will include FSK support, a new DXCC awards interface, label printing, and the super sweeper in Digital Master. Super Sweeper will allow multiple signals to be decoded in the window formerly referred to as Superbrowser”.

This is the first version compiled with the Visual Studio 2010 compiler. Rick and Erik have been working since version 5.11 to move the program from Visual C++ 6.0.

The HRD group will be at the DX Convention in Visalia, CA on the 20th and 21st and will be in booths 108-109-100 at the Dayton Hamvention.

HRD 5.20 is free, but will include a no charge upgrade to version 6.0 with the purchase of 5.X support for $59.95. The retail version of HRD will be $79.95 when it’s released at Dayton 2012.

You can purchase and download the product at http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com.

HRD Downloads: http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com

HRD Forum: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com

2. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

If you get an error "this application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll" was not found, download and install the VC 2010 runtime

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool Beans.

Microsoft would not let you distribute a complete package ?

MSVCR100.dll ?

Good Luck on your new product.

4. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

after a quick download of VC 2010 runtime on my win xp machine, up and running like a top...Thanks!

5. AE5SB

AE5SB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm $60 for software is a bit much

6. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

oh it's in the installer, just not installing on some machines.. wierd as we ran it through our beta sites..

This isn't our last 5.X release either.. always bug fixing.

7. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

No, Version 6 is pay.. no freebies there, only 5.X is free.

8. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

lets not run this thread into the ground with price complaints--another TOO long thread is all ready dedicated to that-besides--

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

And no, $60 is not too much for this software. Neither is $80 or $100.

Just a logging program like DX4Win is $90 and Logic 9 is $129.00, we have logging, radio control, digital modes, rotor control.

This software is bargin priced.. I dont know where you guys get the idea it's overpriced.

10. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please, no one is forcing you to buy it are they?:rolleyes: If you feel it is too much continue using the free version. This price issue has been hashed over so much it is like flogging a dead horse.

11. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok Let's skip all the price talk I like HRD and I installed the new update and the VC 2010 download. Now HRD will start up ask me to connect to rig, the after that it never loads, I have used the error reporting function. I dowloaded and installed it 2x along with vc2010 2x and still no luck using win XP SP3

12. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Problem, the installer program from Microsoft does not install on Windows XP.

13. N0SSC

N0SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Downloading the new version now. Either your server is slow or being overtaxed, or my ISP is throwing the hammer down. Getting about 120kbps on a 20 MBps connection...and oddly vcredist_x86 is going at 30kbps, so I think it's the latter, being a research university and all.

From the fact that free software is best software, and HRD has always been as such.

No, it's not overpriced, like you said it's cheap compared to others. It's just hard to justify paying that much for (any) software from a penny-pincher's point of view. I would imagine despite that fact you'll still have a good profit and user-base. When I have the funds (after I graduate) I'll happily consider buying and supporting your support! Haha. 73!

14. G6VMR

G6VMR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have it working but as my CAT interace is broken I have noticed when manually typing a frequency in the Freq box it does not like it and misses numbers and decimal points. Any ideas it never did this on 5.11 immediatly pre upgrade. Other improvements look great.

Martin

15. KB1JTE

KB1JTE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello W4PC -

Those of us in our past years of being in business understand you and your partners have made an investment in time and money to move forward with HRD and yes its a fine product.

However, your statement of "And no, $60 is not too much for this software. Neither is $80 or $100."; its your right to charge what you feel is what you must. But, your tone is somewhat arrogant and that's not going to help you and bring people along to make the transition to version 6 which you will now charge for.

Keep in mind, that not all amateur operators have an open ended checkbook nor do they use every feature; as that's the case with any piece of software.

Relax and keep an open mind. You'll make out much better in the long run.

I wish you luck in the future with your software and business growth !!
    Steve
    KB1JTE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.