ad: l-sarc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default H6? station on SO50 last night 0410z

did anyone get the full call sign of the H6? station operating from DK79 last night around 0410z on SO50? I was struggling with the suffix and finally got out of the way so others could work him. I heard XE1AO, WQ6C, K8YSE and K7ACS but I don't think any of us got his full call correct. Did it get sorted out after I lost the pass? I consider it a busted call so wont log it but I am curious what the call was?

thanks and 73,

Craig KD6NFD

Quote Originally Posted by KD6NFD View Post
    did anyone get the full call sign of the H6? station operating from DK79 last night around 0410z on SO50? I was struggling with the suffix and finally got out of the way so others could work him. I heard XE1AO, WQ6C, K8YSE and K7ACS but I don't think any of us got his full call correct. Did it get sorted out after I lost the pass? I consider it a busted call so wont log it but I am curious what the call was?

thanks and 73,

Craig KD6NFD
    Yes, HK3Z. I worked him. Hard to do when half the people throwing out their call signs on SO-50 couldn't hear the down link.

Omar XE1AO was the DK89 from his home grid.

Oh boy, I looked at the UTC time and not the date....You said "last night" and I didn't even stop to think about day/date.

If you're talking about 0410 UTC on 4/13, then I was mistaken. My contact was on 4/12.

But DK89 is where Omar normally operates from. There is a 6H6IARU special event operating in Mexico... Maybe that's what you heard?

See http://www.qrz.com/db/6H6IARU

thanks Clayton, sorry I should have been clear on the date/time.

I think you are 100% correct about the call sign - that must have been it. I listened to my audio recording of the pass and the operator clearly was not phonetically spelling out each letter of the suffix, more like trying to pronouce IARU as a word.

hopefully I get a chance to work him again this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KD6NFD View Post
    I think you are 100% correct about the call sign - that must have been it. I listened to my audio recording of the pass and the operator clearly was not phonetically spelling out each letter of the suffix, more like trying to pronouce IARU as a word.
    Yes! The way he's saying it is almost like the word "yellow" to my Texas ears....

Their call sign is a mouthful!